February 2013 Moms
Options

Weirdo appointment.

So I travelled away to the city today in very windy weather for my 37 week appointment. The ferry was surprisingly not rough at all, thank god!

I had time for a coffee before I made the drive so I stopped at Tim's and got a small one. Well, apparently that was a mistake. Lol.

I got to my appointment and failed hard at at parallel parking, which I'm usually a pro at. I'm hollering in my car at nothing, as per my usual road rage.

I get in to my appointment and the lady says my blood pressure is up quite a bit. She took it again and it was still up some. So she got me to pee for her, the first time I have had to do that.

She took the baby's heart beat and said it was a bit tachy... But she was flip flopping everywhere and they couldn't get a good reading. She did it again after I peed and it was fine.

Then my OB comes in and asks how I'm feeling and checks my cervix. As she is doing this she says something about some kind of skin tag or some weird thing. Basically my vag is messed up because there is too much skin somewhere and that she will fix it for me when I have the epidural. And it's the reason that it hurts me when she checks me.

Then she says there's no protein in my pee and checks my pressure again and it's fine. I told her why it was likely up. Lol.

I've never had any kind if problem at all at my appointments. It was sort of a weird visit. Here's hoping for a less weird one next week.

Oh and I'm still all closed up
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Weirdo appointment.

• Options
    lol Glad everything's fine in the end. I'm "all closed up," too. I think "barely thinned" is the wording my dr used. It's giving me hope that baby will hold out a little beyond my EDD. Which I am TOTALLY ok with. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'd be doing the same thing, yelling in my car at nothing.  I too am "all closed up", we should start a club!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL, all "closed" up here as well at today's appointment.  Having an RCS, so next Friday it's meet the baby time.  Not looking forward to being there at 0430. It's probably a good thing in a weird way because baby and vagina are uncooperative.  No progress and baby decided to flip around to breech.  I just find it weird that being over 35 yrs, I am supposedly high risk but the OB seems to have to be reminded my age. He just is so unconcerned about the age factor and I am down with that (I'm old-er not elderly).  I'm hoping its the looking young for my age thing.  As for road rage, has it doubled since being pregnant for anyone?  I never stuck my head out to yell at people before but I do now, it is just terrible...but they so deserve it for their stupid driving?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm all closed up too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"