Cloth Diapering

random question: pocket CDs

Could you opt to not put an insert in a pocket diaper and just lay a PF in instead?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: random question: pocket CDs

• Yes, but you might as well buy covers instead because they are cheaper. If you lay a PF on top of a pocket you will not get as many uses out of that as you would a traditional cover before you have to wash it.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Yep, what PP said. You can also use a prefold instead of an insert to stuff the pocket dipe. 
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDaisyJanie:
    Yep, what PP said. You can also use a prefold instead of an insert to stuff the pocket dipe. 

Okay, I was wondering about that too.

I have a bunch of pocket diapers and I'm remembering someone saying that the microfiber that most pockets come with are useless. I do have hemp and bamboo prefolds, though. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In that case I would stuff the pocket with your prefolds. That way you get the benefit of the stay dry layer against LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedande2129:

imageDaisyJanie:
    Yep, what PP said. You can also use a prefold instead of an insert to stuff the pocket dipe. 

Okay, I was wondering about that too.

I have a bunch of pocket diapers and I'm remembering someone saying that the microfiber that most pockets come with are useless. I do have hemp and bamboo prefolds, though. 

Don't toss the MF just yet. It is still working fine for us in the daytime with 2-3 hours between changes. DS is nearly 8 months old. I only have to add natural fibers at night or if we're going to run errands and I'm not sure about access to changing tables. (I have been completely surprised by the amount of stores and restaurants that do not have places to change a LO!) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"