Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Intro

Hi all,

I'm new to this board, although not to The Bump.  A little bit about me:  I'm 38 years old and currently pregnant with my second child (due April 29th).  I have a beautiful daughter who is 26 months old.  I've been married to my husband for almost 8 years now.  We're going through a lot of changes right now - there's the pregnancy of course, and there's a lot going on with my daughter too.  She's in daycare and has been at the same place for almost 2 years, but we're switching her to a new center soon.  I feel so nervous and guilty about it too.  :(  We're also thinking of starting potty training pretty soon, although I'm not sure if we'll start now or wait until after the baby comes.  So much to think about!  Anyways, I thought I could use the support and advice of other moms with toddlers, so I came here.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

Thanks,

Melissa 

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy

Re: Intro

• Options

I was told by multiple people and doctors not to do any major changes in my older daughter's life unless it was necessary.  Obviously daycare changes might be necessary but I would hold off on potty training, etc. unless she is really, really showing some serious interest.

The reason is that they are so young and they don't understand why we want them to move in milestones and they think the baby coming is forcing them out of what they feel comfortable. 

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"