C-sections

Anterior placenta

Have you had a c-section with an anterior placenta? How did it go?

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anterior placenta

• I had an anterior placenta along with complete placenta previa. I lost more blood than normal, but not enough to need a transfusion. They had me take iron pills and eat food rich in iron since my hemoglobin was low.
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had an anterior placenta - no issues with my c-section.
    my read shelf:
    Erika's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Oct Angel Babies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've had an anterior placenta with each of my 4 PG and a c-section with all 4. Has never been a problem.
    image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Thanks all, I was really worried it'd be a big issue and I'm glad to hear that others have been there and at least it's not always a huge deal.

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

• I had an anterior placenta and no complications during Emergency C/S.

• My surgery went fine (no transfusion, bleeding problems, etc). My only problems were pain medication related (my epidural failed and I felt way too much), but that has nothing to do with my anterior placenta.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lost our first little peanut on 1/17/2012 at 9 weeks and 5 days. We miss you little blessing, but we know you were too perfect for this world.
    My multiples/parenting/pregnancy/miscarriage blog
  • imageHarrietNJMommy:
    I've had an anterior placenta with each of my 4 PG and a c-section with all 4. Has never been a problem.

This situation, EXACTLY, for me too:)

Photos taken by Becky Thompson
  • Yes, it should not be an issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"