March 2013 Moms

NBR...DH VENT...

NBR...DH had to borrow his parents vehicle because his transmission blew. His car is currently torn apart on his side of the garage. He just called me at work and informed me that I will have to park outside because their SUV doesnt heat that well and he doesnt want it to be icy/cold in the morning. Am I wrong to be pissed? Oh and FYI...I have to be out of our house every morning by 745am to get our DS to school. He leaves earlier a few days and later (if at all) on others. Am I over reacting?

ETA: We are in Ohio where it is currently 18* and snowing off and on...

Baby Slings at Nurtured Family BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR...DH VENT...

• You have a very legit reason to be upset. I would think he would let you park in the garage. That's what my DH would do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Thats what I thought too. His excuse is that the defrost may not work to de-ice the windows and he may need to "plug it in" over night... I wasnt sure if it was pregnant me that was pissed or just me!

• Loading the player...
  • Can't you just ask him to go out and start your car in the morning?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I would have him start your car and brush off the snow. I'm sure he won't mind!
  • imageMrs MoJoRisin:
    Can't you just ask him to go out and start your car in the morning?

That is what I am going to discuss with him when I get home from work.

• It sounds like you both have legitimate reasons for getting the one spot in the garage, but being 8 months pregnant should trump over him having to maybe do a little extra work to warm up the car in the morning. What happens if it's icy on the ground and you slip and fall? He's not being very considerate in my opinion.
  • I thought of that reasoning, but honestly the garage is detached so I have to walk outside anyways. Im going to try to compromise with him tonight when I get home from work. See if he will start my car on the days he leaves ahead of me (by 15 minutes or so) and see if I can have the garage on the days he doesnt need to leave early. This is going to last at least a month...hopefully we can work it out so it doesnt get ugly! (i.e me parking right up on the garage door so he cant get out...yea it crossed my bitchy mind!)
  • This might not be a possibilty for financial reasons, but maybe you can get one of those remote starters so you can start the car from inside the house a few minutes before you have to leave?

• I would say fine but you will get up early and warm my vehicle up for me!
  • I thought about that too, but Im using almost of our tax refund to pay up the mortgage and electric and stock up on misc things for my maternity leave. Im taking 12 weeks off and its unpaid. I will just deal with it I guess. In the grand scheme of things it could be worse...
  • Eh it wouldn't bother me too much but then again I am always running outside in my jammies and slippers early in the morning to warm the car up for the kids and to de-ice it. I will say if its super covered in snow that DH will usually brush off most of it but if its just a little snow and ice starting it 15-20mins early and letting the defrost run keeps me from having to deal with scraping ice and its nice in warm to get into. 

If there are days he leaves only 15 mins before you I would definitely ask him to at least start it for you since that doesn't take much effort. I noticed you said he might have to plug the car in- I know if DH can't plug his pick up truck in (its a diesel) then it takes FOREVER to start if at all (I'm talking he has spent 30 mins sitting there turning the engine trying to get it going on the rare occasion he has forgotten to plug it in). I would think that would be a bigger inconvenience for him than it would be for me to run outside real fast and start the car 15 mins early. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageMrs MoJoRisin:

Yeahhhh, this.

It seems like a really silly thing to get upset over, especially since there is an easy solution. 

BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • imagesucrets4:

imageMrs MoJoRisin:

Yeahhhh, this.

It seems like a really silly thing to get upset over, especially since there is an easy solution. 

I agree he should make sure your car is ready for you in the morning then. I would be upset too because he didn't think of that option, instead he was just like you have to deal with it. That would rub me the wrong way too. If he had proposed taking the garage but making sure you were ok I'm sure you would have found that agreeable.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"