November 2012 Moms
Options

I apparently have the stinky kid in class

Well, according to my mother I do.

So, I went to pick LO up from my mom's after work last night and the first thing out of her mouth was.."You need to give your baby a bath, he stinks. You don't bathe him enough and people are going to make fun of him." Seriously? People make fun of a little baby? Come on now...And also, LO gets a bath every other day and we do a great job at washing him and on the days we don't, we always clean him up. Ugh..just one of the wonderful little comments my mom likes to squeeze in everyday. This is also the lady that thought it was ok to give my son bananas at 5 weeks old (which I didn't let happen of course) because he's not getting enough to eat. So, apparently DH and I starve and do not bathe our LO.

I can't help but laugh sometimes..

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

Re: I apparently have the stinky kid in class

• Options
    Even if you bath them every other day, those little hands get nasty!! I swear I feel like I'm cleaning them 3x a day if I'm not bathing him :)
    V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageQuintonsMummah:
    Even if you bath them every other day, those little hands get nasty!! I swear I feel like I'm cleaning them 3x a day if I'm not bathing him :)

This! And sometimes you just can't get all the milk that drips to their neck until bath time. I wipe his neck every feeding but my little growing boy has a lot of rolls! lol

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekiraliz2:

imageQuintonsMummah:

And their faces/neck. I clean his face, neck and hands every morning. Those neck folds get nast.

I have yet to find any "cheese" in his neck...he isn't chubby enough yet to have folds lol 

V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageQuintonsMummah:

Oh i know...DS has his hands in his mouth constantly...the worst is when his hand fall in his dirty diaper. yuckkkk

WIMG950372 1

• Options
    Oh! And my little man sweats like I have never seen. No matter how many layers come off...poor thing still seems to sweat! He gets sick of me wiping him down all the time.

WIMG950372 1

• Options

Err, every other day is AWESOME in my book. I'm happy if I remember to bathe him twice a week. Honestly, he gets a full on bath every 5 days probably.
    V|V TSP V|V
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Ha that is funny! No one makes fun of babies right!? We give M a bath every other day, but mostly just because he loves baths and he sleeps really well after. I think we could definitely go longer in between if we wanted to.

Moms have all sorts if ideas. My MIL and grandma try to give me advice all the time. Although, bananas at 5 weeks is a bit crazy!! Eek!
    Photobucket
    "For this child I prayed; and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of him:"
    -1 Samuel 1:27 Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

I can't believe the funk that builds up between her toes. Like sock lint and who knows what. The other day DH was like her feet stink and they actually did...  We've started baths every other day. And, the really sad part sometimes I'm on this every other day schedule with her. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    photo 9c28f28c-5aae-4b20-8f02-ea27ec37f516_zpsdaed06b5.jpg
  • Options

We were doing every other day for a while, but just this week I have now started every day because the bath is the only thing that calms him down when he is screaming from 6:00-8:00 PM. Pedi said it would be ok and told me if his skin starts to dry out to only use soap every other day.

Overall my little guy isn't so stinky----but his feet STINK! If no bath, we wash, face hands, feet, neck folds, under arms.

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We do every other day as well. LO smells like his formula:/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"