Stay at Home Moms

XP: 6-9 mo Naptime has turned into hell time!

For a good 3 weeks now, her naps have been such a struggle. She *used* to nap beautifully, in her pack & play for 3 hours each afternoon. Now, she wakes up after 30 minutes, screams, cries more when I go into check on her and leave. She'll keep it up on and off until I go in,and finally get in our bed craddling her in my arms. At that point, she will calm down enough to sleep for another 1-2 hours. Bad part is, if I try to get up, she sometimes wakes up, or worse, I fall asleep for the entire time and lose out on housework time, or time to myself. I am very nervous just leaving her in my bed since she could possibly roll out and fall, but if I move her she always wakes up. What else can I do? CIO? Please any advice or suggestions are welcome! I'm getting desperate to get my schedule back.  
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: XP: 6-9 mo Naptime has turned into hell time!

• I'm not one to give sleep advice since DS has always been a crappy sleeper. However, I have a lot of experience with him sleeping in my bed and other adult sized beds. I would always just roll away once he was good and asleep. Sometimes it took several attempts.

As far as keeping her from rolling off your bed, the easiest thing to do is just stuff pillows under the fitted sheet on either side of her. That won't do much to keep her from crawling out when she wakes up. I always used a video monitor and went up as soon as he sat up. We also didn't have our bed on a frame, so it wasn't a far fall onto carpet if he did manage to tumble out and he learned pretty early to get out safely. We also used a twin mattress on the floor in his room for naps and when he first went to bed at night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"