Cloth Diapering
Options

Cotton Velour?

I've registered for some Thirsties Cotton Velour doublers for overnights for extra absorbancy... I know that Microfiber cannot touch babies' skin, what can you tell me about Cotton Velour?

I also have registered for fleece liners so I will likely use a liner over the doubler so the liner is touching babies' skin anyway.  I was just curious.  

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
+#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
+#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Re: Cotton Velour?

• Options

Are they these ones?

https://www.amazon.com/Thirsties-Doublers-Cotton-Velour-Meadow/dp/B004R221ZE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359667096&sr=8-1&keywords=thirsties+doublers

If so, I would take them off the registry.  I have some and they are not very absorbent at all.  You'd be much better off with a Kawaii or Alva bamboo insert.

• Options
    They are.  Thank you.  I will remove these and look into the others!
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagemegemoney:
    Look into the Joey bunz premium hemp inserts. They are amazing and can be used by themselves.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Options
    imagebugandbibs:
    imagemegemoney:
    Look into the Joey bunz premium hemp inserts. They are amazing and can be used by themselves.

Oh... I had some of these on my Amazon registry... they didn't make it over when I moved everything over to myregistry.com.  Thanks!
  • Options
    I have some of the Thirsties fab doublers in size small.  They have been perfect to add to my Kissaluvs size 0's for extra absorbency starting when my son was about 4 weeks old.  For the price I paid (got them on a 20% off sale, $4.80 for 3 pack), I'm really happy with them.
  • Options

I really like the hemp and sherpa cotton doublers from Green Mtn. Diapers, they are reasonably priced too :)

As far as cotton velour, I think it takes a ton of washes before it becomes absorbent enough to use as a diaper material. It feels great, so it would probably make for an awesome washable diaper changing pad! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"