Success after IF

Play Date

So, a group of my friends and I have started a play group. We all have boys around the same age. I am excited because we are meeting next month for the first time and it will be neat to see Barrett interact with other babies for the first time. I am  hosting this first time and I am a bit nervous. Has anyone else done one of these before? Anything I need to think of ahead of time? This is just babies under 9 months of age, so they will all be supervised pretty heavily by their moms.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Play Date

• I've have hosted a couple of play dates. Generally I have some light snacks out like mini bagels, cream cheese, fruit, hummus, pita bread and some juice.

Also, you said all the kids will be under 9 months but if any of them have 2 yr old siblings make sure all your breakables are out of reach. I hope it goes well its nice to get together with other moms.
    Diagnosed MFI- low sperm count  
    DS-Born 7/27/11 After 2 years of IF we have our little man
    TTC#2 January 2013
    11 Medicated cycles gave us
    B/G Twins born 10/8/14 @ 32 weeks
  • Kinda the same thing BabyK said - whenever I host playdates I always make sure I have some snacks out for the kids (@ 9 mo you could put out some puffs, yogurt bites, etc - something that can easily be cleaned up if and when it gets scattered all over your house ;) and then I put out some finger foods and beverages for the mommas too.

If it is warm where you live you could tell the mom's to bring suits for their LO's and set up a little kiddie pool or even throw some blankets out in your yard with toys on them (I like outside playdates the best b/c it saves your house from getting trashed! - although I guess you probably won't have too big of a mess either way b/c the kids all sound like they are going to be pretty little).  Obviously you could do the blanket/toy thing inside too.  Saves your carpet from drool and spit up ;)   

*My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Loading the player...
  • I haven't done this, but it sounds like so much fun! It is really cool to see the LOs interact with other babes.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Unless one of them is already walking (we had a walker in our group at 7 months!) you're probably fine. 

imageimage
    2 years, 2 surgeries, 2 clomid fails, 2 IUIs, 1 loss, IVF #1 - 10/25/10 = BFP!, DS is now 3.5yrs!
    TTC #2 - 6/12 surgery #3, FET #1 & 1.2 = BFN, 12/2012 FET #2 = BFP! DD is 1.5 yrs!
    Surprise! 12/16/14 BFP, loss #2 12/31/14

I can't wait for the "im getting a divorce" post in 5 years or so because your husbands were fed up with your disgusting chair asses from playing on the knot all day and getting fired 4-5 times for not doing any work. you guys are all winners!! ~ Laur929

• imageTJ1979:
    I haven't done this, but it sounds like so much fun! It is really cool to see the LOs interact with other babes.

This!  I also think pp's had some great suggestions.  Enjoy your play date :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"