Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Blighted ovum nightmare

I'm so confused and would like to know if anyone else shares a similar experience as I. I am 6 wks pregnant, according to last period. On Monday, I began to bleed heavy and had cramps. I went to the ER and assumed it was a miscarriage. The doctor did a pelvic exam and my cervix was closed, not dilated which means I have not miscarried yet. My hcg levels were in the 4000s. My ultrasound showed the gestational sac but they told me there was no yolk sac. The bleeding I experienced was from a subchorionic hemorrhage. My body should be ridding of the pregnancy tissue eventually. I don't know if I by this because the ultrasonographer told me to not to expect to see anything, that at 6 weeks it can be hard to detect a baby. My sac measured 12mm. I am kind of living in limbo right now and I'm unable to cope because everything is still in place in my uterus!

Re: Blighted ovum nightmare

• You need to see your OB or other prenatal care provider. Do not take the word of an ER doctor, especially if you have been diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage. You could be bleeding from the SCH and have a completely normal pregnancy. If you haven't called your own doctor about this, you need to step away from the computer and call right now. I'm serious.

ETA: It could be possible that your dates are off just a bit. Even a couple of days this early could make a difference. Don't count yourself out yet. But you do need to have the SCH managed by a doctor, so you must call.

• imagepeanut+muse:

You need to see your OB or other prenatal care provider. Do not take the word of an ER doctor, especially if you have been diagnosed with a subchorionic hemorrhage. You could be bleeding from the SCH and have a completely normal pregnancy. If you haven't called your own doctor about this, you need to step away from the computer and call right now. I'm serious.

ETA: It could be possible that your dates are off just a bit. Even a couple of days this early could make a difference. Don't count yourself out yet. But you do need to have the SCH managed by a doctor, so you must call.

This exactly.  Call today!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Keep us posted, if you are able. I hope that there is a good story that comes out of all of the sadness on this board.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"