Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Chemical pregnancy?

Hi Ladies - I intro'd yesterday...

Got a BFP with a digital on Sunday, which was exactly the day I expected AF.  Yesterday morning woke up with heaving bleeding and cramps, pretty similar to AF.  Called my OB and I was sent for blood work yesterday.  OB office called this morning and said my hcg yesterday was just 2.  And said that it was likely just a false positive, but I'm going in to see my OB tomorrow.   I'm wondering though, with a digital test, and the fact that I have pretty heaving bleeding yesterday and today, if it could be a chemical pregnancy.  I'll of course find out more tomorrow at OB appt, but just wondered if anyone here experienced anything similar?  TIA

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
photo calforsiggy_zps05750af4.png

Re: Chemical pregnancy?

• I would consider this a chemical pregnancy since it was a digital test.  Usually with a chemical pregnancy you end up losing it within the first week when AF is due.  If I am not mistaken - I believe the fact that you have any HCG means you were indeed pregnant.  I"m sorry for your loss.

Mommy to baby J - 09/2009 - My perfect little princess.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC#2
    BFP 10/14/11 - MC 10/21/11 @ 4w3d
    BFP 01/23/12 - MC 02/05/12 @ 5w2d
    BFP 12/21/12 - D&C 02/07/13 @ 10w2d 02/27/13 - MTHFR

My Blog:Two Moms and a Journey

My Chart

• Oh I am so sorry. A digital reads at least 25 HCG so it could have fallen during the bleeding and been 2 the day you had the b/w.

I would say it was a c/p. 

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
    8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
    TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                                 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                      100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
    100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
    Took a LONG Break
    Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG
  • Loading the player...
  • It does, indeed, sound like a chemical pregnancy. I am sorry.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"