November 2012 Moms

"Why bother getting married?"

This one co-worker of mine just has no filter at all...like ever. We were talking about our tax returns this morning and I was telling her that I had gotten my State refund back yesterday. She asked how much I was getting back from Federal, I told her, no big deal to me. She then asked why I was getting so much back. I explained that I have 2 dependents, I'm Head of Household and we aren't married so I file as Single. She then says, "Well, if you get that much back why bother even getting married?" .....I really couldn't even respond, my jaw was on the floor.

So of course now I'm sitting here and stewing over the fact that she said it to me....I mean, I get that she HATES her husband but that doesn't mean that I will hate FI after we get married. She says over and over how she only married him for his $$(of which he has none now) and how she hates her life and wishes she could leave him and take her two kids with her.

GUH! Sorry, just frustrated today and needed to vent seeing as the Throat Punch thread isn't up yet ;) 

V|V TSP V|V
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: "Why bother getting married?"

That's all I have, because even I can't think of a witty retort to her twattiness.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekiraliz2:
    Yes, because marriage is all about tax returns. MusicIt would be so hard for me to bite my tongue with her. Ugh.

This exactly. I'd have probably lost my job if this was said to me, because I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut.
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Pisses me off, seriously. This is the same woman who "didn't approve" of me having another baby so quickly after having Quin. She thinks I should be out going to bars and parties....I'm done with all of that. Got it out of my system when I was in High School and by the time I'm 40-45 I'll be able to go out and have some fun. Until then, I am more than happy to stay at home with my beautiful family.
    V|V TSP V|V
  • imagekieannb:
    imagekiraliz2:
    Yes, because marriage is all about tax returns. MusicIt would be so hard for me to bite my tongue with her. Ugh.
    This exactly. I'd have probably lost my job if this was said to me, because I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut.

At work is probably the only place that I HAVE to keep my mouth shut...and believe me it kills me to do it. 

V|V TSP V|V
  • imagerdmitten:
    ETA: kill her with kindness. It'll drive her insane!

I've kinda been doing that lately. FI has been putting love notes in my lunches and I've kept everyone of them and put them up on my cubicle wall for all to see :) 

V|V TSP V|V
  • imageQuintonsMummah:

imagerdmitten:
    ETA: kill her with kindness. It'll drive her insane!

I've kinda been doing that lately. FI has been putting love notes in my lunches and I've kept everyone of them and put them up on my cubicle wall for all to see :) 

love this!!!! ....and that is why you are "bothering" to get married. a thing called love. that poor lady. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic< br> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"