December 2012 Moms
Options

I'm a hypocrite.

I want to go back to work SO bad, and I'm excited that I get to start again on Saturday.

However, I just dropped LO off at daycare for a "practice day," and now I'm sitting on the couch crying my eyes out.  

Ugh I think this practice day is more for me than her... :( 

Re: I'm a hypocrite.

• Options
    Hang in there! Do you have anything planned for you on your practice day?

I'm not looking forward to this, myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Hang in there, mama.  It gets easier.  I was the same way.  I've been back to work now for 3 weeks and it's not nearly as hard as it was in the beginning.  Having said that, though, getting home is the best part of my day!

Edit: I love your daughter's name, by the way.  One of our girls' names is Madelyn, too! :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageNoeliaV:
    Hang in there! Do you have anything planned for you on your practice day?

I'm not looking forward to this, myself.

Yeah I have tons to do... Occupational health appt to get cleared to return to work, haircut, appt to get my hospital bill cut in half... Yay for being a hospital employee! And going home a few times to pump. Trying to stay busy...
  • Options
    I feel you. I am sooo ready to go back to work - I LOVE the time with my little man, but I love my job and my coworkers too, and I just don't feel as "useful" at home as I do at work. But I know it's going to be SO.HARD. to not see him for 12 hours when right now I can just look over any time I want and he's there to be kissed or snuggled. It's definitely a double edged sword!
  • Options
    Don't feel too bad; we're supposed to be getting Lo babysitter and I haven't had them together this week.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It is really hard when you first go back to work, but it will get easier. With LO1 I cried my eyes out all the way to work and I had my aunt staying with us babysitting and she is the BEST!!!! No matter what, you will never feel like anyone takes care of your child and loves them the way you do, but you accept them and will anticipate the end of your day so you can run home to your baby.
  • Options
    I completely understand! I cried like a baby myself when I left LO with the sitter for the first time & it was only for 4 hours! I used to be a complete workaholic, obsessed with my career & i was afraid I wouldn't be able to bond/be maternal enough with LO but these days, as much as I still enjoy my job, I am always watching the clock & can't wait to get home to my little man =)
    image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"