November 2012 Moms
Options

Taking baby to a funeral this Saturday =(

My uncle just died last week and the funeral is this Saturday. My mom usually watches DD when I'm at work. Since my whole family is going to the funeral, I have to bring my baby girl also. We'll be out all day, so it will be a pain. I'll have to bring 3 bottles of breast milk to feed her, my breast pump to pump when I'm out, and a cooler with ice to store my breast milk. I noticed my DD does not like to poop when we're out & about. I wouldn't be surprised if she's fussy on Saturday. I hope the day isn't too bad. The last thing we need is a crying baby at a quiet somber funeral. 

All of the baby clothes that I have for her is pink and colorful too. I don't want to go out and buy a black outfit for her. I hope people don't mind that my baby girl is dressed in color.

I pray that Saturday isn't too rough.

Re: Taking baby to a funeral this Saturday =(

• Options
    Yes we went to one two weeks ago. I happened to have black cords and a blue button down for ds bc someone had given that to us. Otherwise I would have just used something we had. My 4 year old girl wore a colorful dress bc it is what I had. Lots of ppl weren't wearing black.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sending T&Ps your way.

IMO babies seem to make sucky things like this a little lighter. Also I wouldn't worry too much about an outfit. Hoping LO cooperates! Best of luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry about your loss.
    Are you EP? Can you nurse her while out?
    I wouldn't worry about what LO is wearing.. I don't think anyone would expect you to go out and buy something black.

If its going to be a long day would your H be able to stay home with LO?
    Or maybe go home with LO if she's being super fussy? That's what I would do.
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My DD was born a preemie at 32 weeks, so being in the NICU killed my chances of breast feeding her. I've been exclusively pumping this whole time and feeding her with a bottle. She's never had formula. Yes pumping is a pain in the ass, but I'm used to it now.

My mom is the only one that has watched my DD. She's great with her. For the future, I will definitely start looking for suitable sitters that I trust.

Thanks for your condolences. It was an unexpected heart attack.

• Options
    I defintitely tried nursing. I went to a LC for 2 months. We tried it all, even with breast shields. Baby just didn't want to latch, even after her expected due date. It was frustrating. And as a preemie I wanted to make sure she ate enough, so I just fed her with a bottle when she wasn't getting it. I produce LOTS of milk, so my freezer has enough to last me a couple months.
  • Options
    Wait. If you're taking your pump, why worry with bringing a cooler with previously pumped milk? Why not give LO what you pump right then? Then you don't have to worry with anything but the pump and the bottles.

Don't stress about taking her. Sit close to the back or an aisle if possible. She'll probably sleep anyway. I am always paranoid something will happen and usually it was all for nothing.

Oh. Don't worry about her outfit either. Just don't.

Hugs and sorry for your loss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Sorry for your loss!

Yeah, days out and about can be so stressful!

Two things... pumping and feeding are a great excuse to sneak away from the crowd, imo.. and your lo will brighten up the mood, especially in a bright color. Win win.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic< br> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We took our now 22 month old to two funerals before she was 4 months old.  No  one will care what she will be wearing  and everyone will enjoying seeing a baby.  We sat in the back so if I had to get up I didn't disturb the service.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss, and also, I think youre amazing for pumping for your baby. Good job mama.

I don't think it should matter what baby wears, and maybe sit in the back in case you need to sneak out.
    daughter born June 2011 via C-Section, son born November 2012 via VBAC
  • Options
    Thanks! I wish I could leave DD at home with my husband, but he's suppose to be one of the pallbearers too. I'm sure we'll be fine. I'll have plenty of people to help me if necessary. Hoping all goes well this weekend. It will act as a trial run since we'll be out all day again next Saturday at Disneyland. Good times!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"