Attachment Parenting

carrier for dad

I have a wrap that i use around the house, but we are looking for another one that we can use for when baby is older for trips to zoo etc.  My husband will be carrying him most of the time.  What do most dads tend to like?  And will it be just as comfortable for me to wear for walks in the park and just to wear to keep close? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: carrier for dad

• A lot of dads like buckle soft structure carriers, like the Ergo. It will take adjustments to change between parents, but it's not that bad.
  • When we are out dh will only use the ergo. He's a foot taller than me and we both love it. Around the house he wears a ring sling by sleeping baby productions, but i don't think he would ever admit to it to anyone. To him it is a little too girly. He said that he would consider using a woven wrap, but hasn't really have the time to learn how to do it
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry for typos..i'm on my phone
  • y DH uses the Ergo and Beco Butterfly, and prefers the Beco. He's just over 6', and the Beco fits his torso better.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• My DH has a backpack structured carrier.  It's pretty rugged, like for hiking, but he really likes it.  The nice thing is that it has a stand and we can set her down in it like if we stop for a quick bite to eat.  It's really heavy and too bulky for me to use, so I just got a new boba.  But when we go places like the zoo or arboretum, DH is in charge of carrying DD.  
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• DH prefers a Baby Hawk Mei Tei. He takes care of little man and can easily wear it around the house or out. I can use it too, and we're a foot difference in height. I use a woven sling in a hip carry, but we can't share it because its sized. We also have a stretch wrap that we haven't use since he was a newborn, but DH liked during that period too.
  • My husband loves the Ergo too.  Not sure if it matters but he is about 5'11 and 170 lbs.  We both use it on a daily basis for our 5 month old
  • imagetokenhoser:
    A lot of dads like buckle soft structure carriers, like the Ergo. It will take adjustments to change between parents, but it's not that bad.

This.

My husband wore the Pikkolo until it got too hot in the summer and then switched over to an Ergo Performance

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH wore DD in a babyhawk for the first three months then moved to an Ergo Sport. Now we use a Toddler Tula. We ended up sharing the Ergo for a while (DH is over 6 ft and I'm 5ft 5) and now we share the Tula as I find it more comfortable while pregnant, I can't wrap too easily especially as DD is a PITA to wrap :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 8.25.16 AM
  • DH chose an ergo sport. DD isn't big enough yet to use it without an insert, but DH plans to use the back carry for our hikes in the summer when camping. DH thought that wraps and such weren't manly enough lol.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you.  We decided to go with the Ergo performance.  I think it will work well for both of us.  We also do alot of hiking and camping.  The performance is so light weight and comfortable.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"