Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Shooting guns TTC

Hi! My husband and I are about two months away from TTC. We have been going to the shooting range a lot. He is teaching me to shoot in the event that I need to protect myself. A lot of bullets are made of lead. Should I be concerned about this?

Re: Shooting guns TTC

• Options
    Are you going to eat the bullets?

Me 26, Hubs 32
    Married 7.14.12
    DS 10.29.13
    BFP 06.20.16
    *It's a boy!*
    EDD 03.03.17
                                                          BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageSkyjewell23:

Love this!

photo 46122502-649c-4d9b-a99e-dc22cf009d51_zpsf72c5124.jpg photo mason4_zps7f19f81c.jpg

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC 07/2010, Dx with PCOS 11/2011, H's S/A= Perfect!!! HSG= both tubes clear!
    Round #6- 7.5mg Femara+ .5mg Dex+ 75iu Gonal-F+ hCG trigger+ IUI=BFP!!!
    Beta #1(14dpo)- 94 Beta#2(22dpo)- 1,619 Beta#3 (28dpo)- 11,396!!!

Just a Little Blog

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Crystal also contains lead, but you don't need to worry about packing up your flower vases. As long as you don't eat the bullets like PP said, or shoot yourself, you'll be just fine.
  • Options
    imageShortie24:

imageSkyjewell23:

Love this!

Yes

Also, don't lick your fingers. Stick out tongue

You are exposed to trace amounts of lead naturally everyday.  You're fine, OP.

BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Avid gun enthusiast here.

I go shooting at the range at least once a month. To my knowledge, I'm ok. Maybe I should get tested. Sort like how people get tested for STDs.

lots of <3 to my TBBFF Sothernpeach80 - BABY ETHAN IS HERE! 02.04.13 <3

TTC #1 since Jan 2012

BFP #1 07/27/12 - EDD 04/07/13; C/P on 07/31/12

BFP #2 10/11/12 - EDD 06/24/13; Blighted Ovum; D&C 11/30/12

BFP #3 03/10/13 - EDD 11/17/13 - PLEASE BE OUR TAKE HOME BABY!

Beta #1 - 95.8 (12DPO); Beta #2 - 502 (15DPO); Beta #3 - 2003 (18DPO)

First U/S showed one beautiful baby measuring 7w1d with a HR of 148!!! Second U/S showed baby measuring 9w0d with a HR of 173!!!

My Ugly BFP Chart

“I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much." -Mother Teresa

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Like anything else, just wash your hands after you're done...
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Just as a H&S PSA - I will add that as an environmental consultant - older shooting ranges tend to need expensive remediation and clean up due to the lead in the soils from bullets over time.  Ingestion and inhalation and the main pathways into your body - so wash your hands, avoid dry dusty days/windy days and don't forget your safety glasses (lesser pathway into your body)!

::goes back to being a wallflower::

• Options

My husband makes lead ammo for a living.  It was tested for lead last doctors appointment per his docs request. It came back fine. He has said though when I do get pregant he will wash his own work cloths, and change before saying hi to me. These were both his ideas and I hadn't even thought of it yet (this was before we were TCC).

I think it would be nice to follow this, though I don't know if it makes a difference. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"