May 2013 Moms
Options

Registry ?? Do you....

Do you put things on your registry and show them as purchased if its something you and SO have gotten for the baby?

I hear two different schools of thought on this. Some prefer to just delete that item from the registry. Others keep it on there to show other shoppers that they've already got that item and don't need a duplicate.

What do you do?

Re: Registry ?? Do you....

• Options
    I've been deleting things from the registry as we buy them. We've purchased mostly big ticket items, so I don't think that anyone would try to buy them if they weren't on the registry anyway. 
  • Options
    I delete the items.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're just going to mark the things that we get as purchased on the registry. For our wedding registry, we deleted some of the stuff that we had bought, but because my MIL told everyone where we registered months before the shower, people printed out the original registry and we ended up getting duplicates. This time around, we told our MIL not to tell people about the registry until the shower, just to try to avoid any confusion. But I've also been told by other family members that it is better to leave the stuff on the registry so that people know you have it and that you just didn't forget to register for it.
  • Options
    I left them on there and marked them purchased.  In my experience from my wedding registry if  I needed to return something and it had been awhile and I no longer had the receipt the store was able to look it up off my registry.  I guess it really doesn't matter...just a personal preference.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We bought all the furniture, table lamps, curtains and bedding. When we go to do our registry, I'm just not going to add those items to it. I suppose if they were already on our registry and we decided to purchase, I'd just delete.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    We have an Amazon registry, so I put everything on there and then marked things as purchased to show people that we already have those things, as someone else mentioned.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagekatwoman08:
    I left them on there and marked them purchased.  In my experience from my wedding registry if  I needed to return something and it had been awhile and I no longer had the receipt the store was able to look it up off my registry.  I guess it really doesn't matter...just a personal preference.

This, it's a good back up receipt.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Actually, I've only registered at Buy Buy Baby, and I don't see a way online to mark an item as "purchased."  Maybe it's just that store.

First Son - born 2013
    Second Son - born 2014 - Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome (HLHS) and Double Outlet Right Ventricle (DORV).  First open heart surgery at 5 days old.  He's had 3 open heart surgeries and several other procedures and is currently doing amazing.
    Third Son - due June 9, 2018
  • Options
    We are not planning on buying anything until after the shower.  The shower is Feb 23, so it's pretty early.  But we'll probably mark it as purchased so that people can see what our tastes/preferences are in case they choose to go off registry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Places like babies r us use your registry as a form of receipt and you can return items for 1 year past your due date. For this reason I'll be leaving items on the registry as we purchase them, just in case. Also, some people use the registry as a guide but don't necessarily buy from it. Let's say they want to buy you the bathtub but they're one of those people who don't "like" the one you've picked. They'll buy you another one. If they see the one you registered for is already purchased then they won't even bother, hopefully. I used to work at BRU and you'd be surprised how many people bring similar items to the register and ask to mark off the one that was actually registered for...which obviously they can't do.

Anniversary Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Me and a Babies R Us employee had a little bit of a discussion about that. I bought some items for the baby, and I gave her my registry. I asked her if it would come up as already bought; she said no, they just delete it. IDK if she just didn't know, but I see other people buying me items, and its showing up on my registry as bought. 

I am also concerned that people will be buying me stuff I already have. If they do, i'll just return it.  

Siggy Challenge- Valentines Day FAIL Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have been deleting them. I haven't really bought a lot but a few things. I never thought to mark them as purchased.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have been marking them purchased or the people at the store have been when I told them it was off my registry.  I like to keep it all organized and in one place so I can see what we have and still need.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011; DX: MFI
    IVF #1 in August 2012: BFP!
    L was born on May 5, 2013, 8lb. 6oz.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!

Our Project Make A Baby

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we've just been marking things as purchased even if we bought them ourselves. We've already had our baby shower and now we're using our registry more as a list of things we want/need for the baby. We figured it was handier to keep the things we already purchased on there so we wouldn't later on think that oh we forgot to get this that or the other and then re-purchase it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"