High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

New to board...need advice

Friday will be 2 weeks of me being on bed rest and I went back to the doctor today to find out I will be on bed rest until 36 weeks (I was 33 weeks yesterday).  I take Procardia 3 times a day and do at home monitoring and once I reach 36 weeks I will stop bed rest and Procardia and whatever happens, happens.

My first question is does anyone have a similar story they can share with me where they were taking procardia and on bed rest and then taken off and how long after they actually ended up delivering?

And my second question is does anyone have advice on how to not go crazy on bed rest for this long?? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: New to board...need advice

• Options
    I just wanted to offer some encouragment. You only have three weeks left. Try to get someone to get you some book or movies. There are some great television series out there that you can order from Netflix. Good luck and prayers it goes by quick.
  • Options
    I don't have the same issues you do, but I've been on bed rest for 4 weeks. I've been watching tv series on my kindle or on demand & requesting lots of books from the library. I cleaned out my inbox & did some online shopping (although that is a slippery slope). Hang in there.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With 2nd baby I got bed rest at 36 weeks which isn't so bad but I was getting stir crazy. I wasn't on procardia but my water broke at 38 weeks so I only ended up with 2 weeks bed rest and (pound 9 oz baby which was good cause my first was 10 pounds 12 oz. I love to read so I always suggest that first but netflix is my friend too

• Options

I'm in a similar situation and have been on modified bedrest for 3 weeks. Hang in there!  

As for not going stir crazy, I try to chat/text with friends every day and I watch a lot of TV. I love to read, so I'm working through my to-read pile.  I look forward to my daily baths/showers and hanging out with DH once he gets home.  

imageimage
    TTC #1 since May 2010. BFP #1 - 5/31/10; m/c on 7/22/10
    Started seeing RE in August 2011
    5 IUIs: BFN; IVF #1 - Success! BFP - 7/25/12 Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I dont know personally but i went to school with a girl who was on bed rest for 28 plus weeks because she had a weak cervix. Her daughter was born at 3 lbs and she just celebrated her first birthday. She had a lot of friends and family there for her she was down a lot but she made it through with a beautiful baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

LOL at your signature!! 78 weeks pregnant whaaat? 

imagelalafirefly27:
    I dont know personally but i went to school with a girl who was on bed rest for 28 plus weeks because she had a weak cervix. Her daughter was born at 3 lbs and she just celebrated her first birthday. She had a lot of friends and family there for her she was down a lot but she made it through with a beautiful baby.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

in the world of bedrest 3 weeks is nothing! you can do it!

i spent 9 weeks on complete bedrest (some in the hospital) with my second. I could not take procardia due to other issues (GD & low blood pressure) and I delivered my son at 35 weeks.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was one bedrest starting at 32 - 36 weeks for contractions.  Didn't take procardia but was taking other things.  I had contractions the whole time was induced at 39 wks for high AF.  Healthy 6 lb baby.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"