Multiples
Options

TTTS Survivors?

Hi there!!

I've been a lurker for a little while now, really enjoying everyone's posts and insights on being a MoM. I'm 20 weeks pregnant w/ identical twins, been meaning to introduce myself for a while now...
Today we found out that, though at my last exam 3 weeks ago everything was great, Baby A has way too much amniotic fluid Baby B has almost none. My doc called the situation terribly dire, if we were just 4 weeks further we'd be in the middle of a csection right now as they'd have a better chance at 24 weeks outside the womb than inside, but as it is, they're just too wee. With out medical intervention, they won't make it. We are waiting on pins and needles for the surgeon to open tomorrow to see when they'll be able to see us, and if they do think we're good candidates, it's a risky procedure.
Has anyone out there encountered similar difficulties come through ok??? Please, no horror stories, I'm living one right now can't take any more...
Thanks so much!!!!

Re: TTTS Survivors?

• Options
    Yes, I had fetal laser surgery in December at 20 weeks. The recipient had 11+cm of fluid and the donor had none by the time we had surgery. The surgery was successful and five weeks after surgery the donor an drecipient are alk caught up.

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options
    I don't have experience with this, but I just wanted to say that I am sorry you are going through this. Many T&P's headed your way for you and your little babies!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

This blogger is/was a bumpie:
    https://estherslittlewonders.blogspot.com/

She had the in-utero surgery after the TTTS was diagnosed and her twins are now 3 y/o and healthy, amazing little girls!

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options

We just went through the same thing at 22 weeks. We had the laser ablation surgery about 3.5 weeks ago and now both girls are doing fine. 

May Jesus bless you with peace in your heart and provide you with healing for your babies.  

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We went through this at 32 weeks and delivered immediately.

I'll keep y'all in our prayers!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks sooooooo much for your kind responces!!!!!!! Knowing that other babies made it through this comforts us more than we can say. Thanks for your thoughts prayers!!!!!!
  • Options

My boys had chronic but mild TTTS that was first diagnosed at 22 weeks.  With bed rest and boost drinks the fluid levels stabilized but the donor twin had serious cord flow issues and he was growth restricted. We were able to hold off delivering until 28 weeks.  I know my case is a lot different then yours but we were also at one point not given much hope of having two take home babies. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. TTTS is an awful thing to go through but there is definitely hope.  The TTTS foundation is wonderful for providing support and information.  Don't hesitate to contact them.

• Options
    We got it very late but just wanted to wish you your babies all the best
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Oh sweetie that is awful! I haven't had experience w/ ttts other than a scare in the middle of my pregnancy, but there are many ladies w/ success stories here. Praying for peace for you and healing for your babies!
  • Options
    No but wanted to say I pray all works out! May you find strength.
  • Options
    Please feel free to call me ASAP! I will make sure your questions are answered. Our office is in Houston. 8323257288. Ask to speak with Karen Moise
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"