July 2013 Moms

Valentine's Surprise

Today I am 17 weeks and 2 days. I went to my ob on Friday and he couldn't confidently say whether I'm having a boy or a girl. My next appointment isn't until the 26th, but I want to go back some time before Valentine's Day to get a u/s without telling the DH. I want to surprise him with the gender for VD...how can I surprise him? Is this even a good idea??? Thanks!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Valentine's Surprise

• I think that would be a great idea. If you had the appt. on the 12 you'd be 19 weeks which is only a week from the doctors twenty week have to have point. In regards to how you would tell him. You could but a pair of baby boy booties or baby girl booties for whichever the baby is.
  • It depends on the guy. I know my husband would be really mad if I found out without him.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • My DH would be PISSED if I found out the sex without him. So take that into consideration. If your DH doesn't care to be there when you find out, will it be that great of a Valentine's Day surprise anyway?

Just thoughts, but you know your DH and we don't. Maybe that's something he'd like.

imageView Full Size Image

• I'm so nervous! DH and I have been guessing boy this whole time and my ob seemed to think more girl than boy...that would make my sister right and I'll never live it down! haha. I'm just praying for a healthy baby! :
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Originally, I was going to find out without him anyways and it didn't seem to bother him too much. We both just want to know ASAP, especially him. That being said, I think finding out sooner would be an awesome gift...we'll see. I have to drop by my ob today to pick up some paperwork, so I'm going to ask about making an appointment...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • And another question...my ob gave me my u/s. Is that strange? Wouldn't an u/s tech be more experienced?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH and I aren't gonna find out when we go for us we are going to have the us tech put it in an envelope so we will be surprised with the family. So if that's something you talked about then I wouldn't see a problem with that idea of yours
  • My DH wants to be there when I find out, so I'm not sure if that would be a "good" surprise to do it without him. For us it's kind of a big deal- but then again to each his own.

imageimage

• imageilovemyducks21:

My DH would be PISSED if I found out the sex without him. So take that into consideration. If your DH doesn't care to be there when you find out, will it be that great of a Valentine's Day surprise anyway?

Just thoughts, but you know your DH and we don't. Maybe that's something he'd like.

This. If's he's planning on being there to find out with you, you should probably ask him if he's alright with you finding out ahead of time. My DH would be annoyed.

But my other question is are you going back to your OB for this extra scan? Or a spa-type place? Just wondering...I can't just go get an ultrasound at my OB because I want to.  

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • imagepantsarella:
    imageilovemyducks21:

My DH would be PISSED if I found out the sex without him. So take that into consideration. If your DH doesn't care to be there when you find out, will it be that great of a Valentine's Day surprise anyway?

This. If's he's planning on being there to find out with you, you should probably ask him if he's alright with you finding out ahead of time. My DH would be annoyed.

But my other question is are you going back to your OB for this extra scan? Or a spa-type place? Just wondering...I can't just go get an ultrasound at my OB because I want to.  

I'm pretty sure my ob will do another...I wasn't even supposed to have an u/s at my last appointment, but I was at the earliest point where the gender could be determined, so he gave me one. I'll find out today.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I agree with PP,  it depends on the guy.  MH would likely be upset if he learned he missed the anatomy scan and that I have known before he did.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• imagemiss2697:
    It depends on the guy. I know my husband would be really mad if I found out without him.

Mine would also be upset. He is coming to my appointment and we will find out together. I think the pp's idea about having asking for the sex to be put into a sealed envelope is nice. Then you can find out together on Valentine's Day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Insurance isn't going to cover unnecessary ultrasounds. So, even if your OB is willing, I'd expect that claim to get denied. Frankly, it's a little scary that your OB would be willing to use time and resources for you to find out the sex early.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"