TTC after 35

introduction

Hello,

I just turned 40 this January and we are TTC #2 - have been for about 6 months, now. I got pregnant with my first child at 37 during the first month we tried. The pregnancy was easy. I actually put off trying for #2 because I was worried it would happen right away again and I did not feel prepared. In contrast, during the past 6 months, I have had two confirmed and one other suspected chemical pregnancy (super long cycle which is very strange for me). I've been hitting all the relevant boards on here trying to meet people who might have similar experiences. 

I have an appointment with an RE on Monday. I'll be happy to finally meet somebody who has the skill set to evaluate whatever is going on with me, even if it is nothing controllable and just bad luck of the draw with my eggs. 

In any case, just wanted to introduce myself as I seem to be on here more and more these days.  

Re: introduction

• Welcome, JJ1973.....

I just started my journey with a RE, too.  I am a little older than you at 43 and just finished my pre-lim tests and will be meeting back at his office next week to go over them to see where we go from here. 

I hope that your journey is a simple tweek and you get a BFP real soon.

You will find that the ladies on this board very supportive and helpful.....

Welcome again and Best of Luck to you. 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • imageJacque Sills:

Welcome, JJ1973.....

I just started my journey with a RE, too.  I am a little older than you at 43 and just finished my pre-lim tests and will be meeting back at his office next week to go over them to see where we go from here. 

Thanks so much. I guess one of my fears is that they will immediately recommend in vitro because of my age. I guess there are a bunch of unknowns, but I am fearful of that recommendation as we have already decided we would not go down that road (my husband, especially) and our insurance doesn't even cover it (they stated to me that "you can obviously conceive so we would never cover in vitro for you!"). Ugh. I'll just wait until the appointment:) I'm sure it will be fine.  

• Loading the player...
  • Hello,
    Wow my journey is very similar. I just turned 39, we're ttc 2. I was 36 when I got pregnant for DD, it took just 2 months. We waited thinking the same thing. Here we are 6 months later. I just made my appointment to meet with the OB/GYN next week. We'll see how that goes first then next step would be RE.
    Good luck to you!
  • Welcome!
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Welcome to the board!
    Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
  • Welcome to the board! I just turned turned 40 this month, and dh is 45....so welcome!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Welcome and Good Luck TTC#2!
    My Ovulation Chart Me-35, DH-39. TTC#1
  • Welcome & good luck.  I am trying for #1 - DH is 34 & I am 42 3/4 LOL
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome to the board!!

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imageJJ1973:
    imageJacque Sills:

Welcome, JJ1973.....

Thanks so much. I guess one of my fears is that they will immediately recommend in vitro because of my age. I guess there are a bunch of unknowns, but I am fearful of that recommendation as we have already decided we would not go down that road (my husband, especially) and our insurance doesn't even cover it (they stated to me that "you can obviously conceive so we would never cover in vitro for you!"). Ugh. I'll just wait until the appointment:) I'm sure it will be fine.  

Hi JJ,

I am sure it is scary when you already have some parameters set before you go in and wanting a baby is such an emotional pull. I, so understand.  Know you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please give us an update, after your appt.  :) 

We don't have any children, so we are open to all the possibilities, If, my egg quality/quanity come back good, then I am sure he will recommend IVF... not that I am looking forward to the needles and such...ugh! I am a real chicken. Not sure how I am going to do it, but I have visions of a poster of the Gerber baby being taped up on a wall next to the spot I pick out to give myself shots....that might work!  Lol...

Anywho, Best of Luck!

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Welcome!
    imageimage

TTC #1 since 5/10
    BFP #1 7/22/11 - EDD 4/2/11 - M/C 8/15/11 (7w0d)
    BFP #2 9/23/11 - EDD 6/5/12 ♥It's a Girl♥
    BFP #3 2/20/13 - EDD 11/2/13 ♥It's a Girl♥
  • Welcome, and good luck TTC #2!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"