TTC After a Loss

Confused m/c mentioned

Hi again,

I posted yesterday tha my doctor called and told me that my 3 beta came back and it dropped from 307 to 87. So during the whole time since we found out I was pregnant I still temp every morning. Well I am so confused my temp keep rising not falling. Can someone explain or give some insight pleaseeee.

Thank you

Re: Confused m/c mentioned

• imageBethelgal42:

I'm not a chart expert, but I think that while you have HCG still in your system you temps can be all over that place and then after loss your body goes crazy.   You body probably thinks you are still pregnant and I know that sucks.  For sanity sake, I would probably stop temping if you think it's going to stress you out more.

So sorry for your loss. {Hugs}

All of this.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Started TTC June 2010
    BFP #1
    07/04/10. EDD 03/14/11. Missed m/c 08/09/10. D&C 09/27/10. }Casey & Jaimie{
    BFP #2 01/14/11. EDD 09/25/11. Missed m/c 02/18/11. D&C 02/24/11. }Dustin{
    TTA for 18 months and then TTC for 12 months
    BFP #3 08/18/13. EDD 04/30/14. Missed m/c 09/25/13. D&C 09/26/13. }Daylin{
    TTA for 7 months
    Jan-Mar 2014 - RPL, SHG, karotyping: all results normal
    TTC Again May 2014
    Progesterone & baby aspirin combo for 5 cycles
    - All BFN's
    SA with DNA fragmentation = Perfect results

Diagnostic cycle monitoring = Polycystic ovaries leading to premature egg release
    TTA Oct 2014 - Jan 2015
    Jan 2015 - Medicated cycle with timed intercourse
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic   

My Blog: The Canadian Housewife    PGAL/PAL Welcome    My Chart
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am so sorry to hear your betas dropped. The same thing happened to me with my c/p.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Married 9/24/11 & TTC #1
    ~Trying for our rainbow baby~
    Me: 33 Him: 34
    Not preventing since 1/1/2012
    BFP #1 1/21/12 mmc @ 9wks d&c 3/5/12
    TTA until 9/1/12
    2 AO/irregular cycles Oct/Nov with abnormal TSH b/w
    Started TTC again 12/1/12
    BFP #2 12/31/2012 c/p 1/5/13
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemmedov01:
    Hi again, I posted yesterday tha my doctor called and told me that my 3 beta came back and it dropped from 307 to 87. So during the whole time since we found out I was pregnant I still temp every morning. Well I am so confused my temp keep rising not falling. Can someone explain or give some insight pleaseeee. Thank you

If you really want an accurate answer you should give your doctor a call.  However, I agree with Bethel, you might want to put the thermometer away for a little while.  I'm so sorry.

TTC since June 2011
    BFP #1 11/18/11 - m/c 12/24/11 blighted ovum - EDD 08/01/12
    BFP #2 08/04/12 - m/c 08/29/12 no answers - EDD 04/17/13
    BFP #3 10/01/12 - m/c 10/30/12 uniparental disomy - EDD 06/04/13
    BFP #4 04/12/13 - EDD 12/22/13  It's a GIRL!
    compound heterozygous MTHFR   -   All AL Welcome

image   image
  • imageOttersBite:

imagemmedov01:
    Hi again, I posted yesterday tha my doctor called and told me that my 3 beta came back and it dropped from 307 to 87. So during the whole time since we found out I was pregnant I still temp every morning. Well I am so confused my temp keep rising not falling. Can someone explain or give some insight pleaseeee. Thank you

If you really want an accurate answer you should give your doctor a call.  However, I agree with Bethel, you might want to put the thermometer away for a little while.  I'm so sorry.

Yes A doctor would give you the best answer. I agree with pp that I would stop temping. I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagejanissylves:
    imageOttersBite:

imagemmedov01:

Yes A doctor would give you the best answer. I agree with pp that I would stop temping. I'm so sorry for your loss. 

Agreed. I kept temping for a long time after I was pregnant, and my temps stayed high well past where my baby stopped developing. I'm pretty sure it's the rise in progesterone that causes the temp shift during your luteal phase in the first place, and then the drop before AF is what causes temps to fall back down, so as long as your hormones levels are still high, your temp will reflect that.

imageimage
    BFP with #1 (twins!) 11/18/2011 - missed m/c at 8weeks3days; d&c 1/19/2012; myomectomy to remove 18cm+,10cm & 5cm fibroids 4/2012; TTC again 7/2012; BFP #2 (twins) 11/13/2012; missed m/c at 7weeks;
    BFP #3: baby girl born 3/5/2014

Balaustine: an anthology about wanting family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"