January 2013 Moms
Options

STM+

Hi all, I'm lurking as I'm a Feb, mom to be, but I just had my 37 week check up and am 2 cm (which i know means nothing) just curious how different birth was between babies... I know it's all different but I'm getting nervous now that "it's here"

1.  did you deliver faster (how much faster?)

2. were you late/earlier than w/ your first?

3. was delivery easier first or 2nd time?

4. was recovery easier 2nd time around?  

Anything else I should prep for?!  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: STM+

• Options
    I delivered at the same time, my second was quicker, third was even more. Recovery is harder with second because you have more kids to take care of!

• Options

1.  did you deliver faster (how much faster?) - Yes, ds was 8 hours, dd was 6. The nurse told me if I have another not to wait to go in so I dont have it in the car.

2. were you late/earlier than w/ your first? - Earlier. Ds was 40w5d, dd was 37w4d

3. was delivery easier first or 2nd time? - I dont know which was easier. It was different. Ds was regular pain, dd was back labor. My water broke on its own with ds so contractions were a lot more intense but I didnt feel anything after the epidural. With dd, I got the epidural and then the dr broke my water but I felt more pain while pushing.

4. was recovery easier 2nd time around? Easier because I had a second degree tear with ds and I barely tore at all with dd. I bled longer though.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So different. Night and day. First one was born at 41 weeks 1 day. I was transferred to the hospital after 5 hours of pushing. I had to get an epi etc. Total pushing was probably 7 hours. Recovery was rough after that much pushing. 2 was born at 1 am today. 40 wks 5 days. Total labor was 7 hours. I pushed once. No meds to let wear off etc. I'm feeling pretty good. Sore all over but good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1.  Delivery was much, much faster!  DS#1 was 13 hrs total, DS#2 was 4.5 hrs.

2.  Later.  DS#1 was at 40w 2nd, DS#2 was 41w 2nd.

3.  Can't really say it was easier or harder.  The two were so different that I can't compare them. The most recent one was much more how I wanted it to go though.

4.  I'm only on day 2 of recovery, but so far it seems pretty comparable.

Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• Options

I had a c-section both times.  First was an emergency and second was repeat.   

I was 4 days late with my first and 3 days early with my second.

It was easier the second time since I knew more of what to expect.  I felt more prepared and ready.  I wasn't as scared or nervous.

Recovery was definitely easier the second time.  It wasn't as bad as I thought the first time, but it was easier the second time around.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I progressed much faster with #2, but I also didn't get an epidural until I was 10 cm (not my choice, long story).  They were both born at exactly 39 weeks.  Delivery was more painful this time without the epi early, but with my first, I pushed for 3 hrs and ended up with a c section. This time, I pushed for an hour and a half and was able to have a successful VBAC. Recovery was so much easier this time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

1. did you deliver faster (how much faster?) With DS I labored (lightly) for 12 hours, then another 6 at the hospital; with DD I was in labor (strong since the begining) for less than 3 hours and she came 45min after we set foot in the hospital

2. were you late/earlier than w/ your first? 1 day before EDD with DS, 2 days before with DD

3. was delivery easier first or 2nd time? 2nd (even if I wasn't able to get the epi), it was much faster

4. was recovery easier 2nd time around?  pretty much the same, only that 2nd time you get way more tired because you also have to take care of and run around after a (jealous) toddler

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

Labor with DD was 7 hours total with about 25 minutes of pushing.  With DS, labor was 6 hours with about 15 minutes of pushing.

I was induced with both. 

Only slightly easier the second time due to DS being over a pound smaller than DD. (7lbs 15oz & 21 inches VS. 9lbs 1oz & 22.5 inches)

Again, they were pretty equal.  I'd have to say recovery was a little easier the first time because I was able to lounge more.  This time when DS sleeps, I have a two year old to entertain. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekellysgirl2006:

Hi all, I'm lurking as I'm a Feb, mom to be, but I just had my 37 week check up and am 2 cm (which i know means nothing) just curious how different birth was between babies... I know it's all different but I'm getting nervous now that "it's here"

1.  did you deliver faster (how much faster?)  My first labor was 34 hours llong with 4 hours pushing.  This one was only 6 hours and 15 minutes was pushing.

2. were you late/earlier than w/ your first? I had to be induced at 40w1d due to pre-e with my first.  I chose induction at 40w5d this time.

3. was delivery easier first or 2nd time?  Way easier the 2nd time!

4. was recovery easier 2nd time around?  Much easier the 2nd time.  No pain or soreness whatsoever whereas with DD1 I could barely sit down for almost 2 weeks.

Anything else I should prep for?!  TIA!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Graphics
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"