Pregnant after IF
Options

Those with Symphysis pubis dysfunction

I think I may have this! What were your symptoms and how was it diagnosed? How do you relieve the pain.  The other day I was walking and was so uncomfortable I had to keep stopping. For me it may be a combination of this and RLP. Ahh does it get better?

Re: Those with Symphysis pubis dysfunction

• Options

Oh it's the worst, sorry I don't have many positive things to say about it! Supposedly it doesn't get better until after delivery for most. I bought a prenatal cradle and it seems to help with pressure, but not really pain. I've just been taking tylenol, but it doesn't usually help much. I googled some good exercises, but because it's cartilage, muscle strengthening doesn't help too much. My OB said if it gets really bad we could talk about getting a walker... yikes.

I know some people say that seeing a physical therapist helps, I've been putting it off, but might cave soon.

On a lighter note, the good news is that this isn't dangerous for you or the baby. It's just painful. Good luck!

dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• Options

does it hurt more when you get out of bed in the morning and when you walk? i just feel like this is a constant pain.

do you have any inner thigh pain  with this as well?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It's a pain that is constant, unfortunately. I find it's aggravated after staying in one position too long (like sleeping at night and waking up to turn over, it's so painful!) and also anytime I separate my legs- to walk, getting out of the car, etc.

My OB says to move "as a unit" meaning keep your legs together when getting out of bed, lie down to put on pants and socks, etc. GL! 

dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• Options
    Physical Therapy has seriously saved me in this department. I was going 2x a week but they dropped a therapist so now I'm down to 1x a week. Even that small difference is making the pain come back more. But if you can find a good PT who specializes in pelvic floor issues, it's worth the constant copays in my opinion. Good luck!
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

• Options
    I would encourage your OB to refer you to a physical therapist.  At first they gave me some exercieses (including lots of kegels), but until I got a therapist that included some massage therapy, nothing got better.  I agree with the previous poster that recommends requesting a physician with pelvic floor specialty.  Good luck, it was awful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"