Cloth Diapering
Options

Do you use a diaper clutch?

Since CDs in general don't fold as small as disposables, how do you keep them in your diaper bag? Do you have a "clutch" w/ wipes, etc that you can take out separately when you change LO? Was it custom made - do you have a picture or pattern?

I'm asking mostly because I think I've exhausted the googling I can do for "free diaper patterns" and knit wool soaker/longies. I'm waiting for my microfleece and hemp to arrive before sewing and I need something to pass the time!

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Do you use a diaper clutch?

• Options
    I got one like this on sale at BRU for around $5 a while ago. Right now it has 3 pairs of extra undies, a pair of leggings, and a wipes case in it. I think it would work for the case of wipes and maybe 1-2 OS diapers.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Options

Well, kind of I guess, I just use a medium sized Planet Wise Wet/Dry Diaper Bag.  I keep the clean diaper(s) and wipe case in the dry section and then soiled diapers go in the big wet section.  I just fold that in half and stuff it into the bottom of the diaper bag.

I think you can make wet/dry bags fairly easy.  I know a bunch of other CD'ers have experience making wet bags so hopefully they'll have some hints.  I've always just bought mine but I am a very novice new seamstress. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

https://sewingbarefoot.blogspot.ca/2012/08/diaper-clutch.html?m=1

I liked the structure of this one, and you can mess with the measurement to make it fit your go-to diapers. I like using a clutch because it organizes my diaper bag without the need for dividers or tons of pockets. I made my own diaper bag and only made 3 inside pockets and a phone pouch. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have been using a Vera Bradley backpack as my diaper bag for awhile. I fit an extra shirt in the back zipper pocket; 3-4 Elementals rolled up in the main area, along with a wet bag, dry wipes, a small bottle of wipes spray, a small bottle of water, and a small blanket/changing pad. In the front pocket (magnetic flap closure), I have a pair of Baby Legs, a bib, and snacks for my DS who is almost 18 months old. There are two side pouches that can hold a small water bottle, box of juice or rice milk, etc. 

HOWEVER, #2 is due in about 8 weeks, so I am going to be making my own diaper bag to handle two kiddos in CDs! I am going to use some PUL and find a super cute organic cotton for the outer part (I really like Birch Organic). I am planning on having a divided section in the middle (which will close with a zipper) and including spaces for clean AIO diapers, a medium sized wet bag, a clean wipes zipper pouch (which will probably also have a space for my spray bottle and water bottle)... all those other random pockets and pouches for extra clothes, toys, snacks, bottles, etc. I have not started sketching yet (been cleaning like crazy!), but will definitely have to get pictures up when I actually make this thing :) 

• Options
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005WWI0DA/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1359596048sr=83pi=SL75

Not clicky on mobile. It's a medium wet dry diaper bag by Planet Wise. They have really cute designs. Then if I need to lay her on something I use my fold out diaper clutch that has a spot for wipes in it.
  • Options

I don't get it... my diapers go in my diaper bag.  Dirty diapers go in the wetbag.  cloth wipes are wet and put in a gladware container. And snappis/cream go in the front pocket.

Why do we need another bag?  Doesn't that just make more work? (Serious question...not sarcastic... I really don't get it)

• Options
    imagetjkdlhb:
    I don't get it... my diapers go in my diaper bag.nbsp; Dirty diapers go in the wetbag.nbsp; cloth wipes are wet and put in a gladware container. And snappis/cream go in the front pocket.Why do we need another bag?nbsp; Doesn't that just make more work? Serious question...not sarcastic... I really don't get it

No, as with many things baby, "need" probably doesn't apply. I just tossed diapers in the bag w/ dd, but have seen lots of cute little clutches for disposables and was curious as to how one might adapt for thicker CDs. Used mostly for grabbing just the necessities to take to the restroom instead of the whole diaper bag. Or keeping the dopes from getting all mashed up in the big bag...I know I generally carry too much and then end up digging for stuff. I'm working on that. ;
    Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagebrevans02:
    imagetjkdlhb:
    I don't get it... my diapers go in my diaper bag.nbsp; Dirty diapers go in the wetbag.nbsp; cloth wipes are wet and put in a gladware container. And snappis/cream go in the front pocket.Why do we need another bag?nbsp; Doesn't that just make more work? Serious question...not sarcastic... I really don't get it
    No, as with many things baby, "need" probably doesn't apply. I just tossed diapers in the bag w/ dd, but have seen lots of cute little clutches for disposables and was curious as to how one might adapt for thicker CDs. Used mostly for grabbing just the necessities to take to the restroom instead of the whole diaper bag. Or keeping the dopes from getting all mashed up in the big bag...I know I generally carry too much and then end up digging for stuff. I'm working on that. ;

Ahhh.

I've got a small diaper bag that I sometimes take with me when I'm only going for an hour or so.  It was a free one from a formula company. I BF, so haven't used the formula that came with the bag... but I love the bag! LOL

• Options

imagemargaretkaye1:
    I just toss them in the diaper bag. Have I been doing it wrong?

imagetjkdlhb:

I don't get it... my diapers go in my diaper bag. Dirty diapers go in the wetbag. cloth wipes are wet and put in a gladware container. And snappis/cream go in the front pocket.

Why do we need another bag? Doesn't that just make more work? (Serious question...not sarcastic... I really don't get it)

Hmm, I don't even bring a diaper bag 80% of the time anymore. Tongue Tied

imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Suddenly my life doesn't seem such a waste,
    It all revolves around you.
  • Options
    imagetjkdlhb:
    Why do we need another bag?nbsp; Doesn't that just make more work? Serious question...not sarcastic... I really don't get it

I like mine because I don't carry a diaper bag with a toddler/preschooler. I just throw the clutch in whatever bag or purse I'm using at the time. I can also leave just the small clutch at the gym daycare in case of an accident.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"