VBAC

VBAC hopeful with a question...

I have switched to an all midwife practice this time around and they advised that I am a very good VBAC candidate given I have had a vaginal delivery with my first and no other complications with second or this one.  However, they said I do need to go meet with a physician at the hospital for a consultation on the VBAC before they can sign off on it.  They arent concerned they wont, but says they need to do that.  I am not worried or complaining, just curious if others have had to do that and if you know exactly what it entails?  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: VBAC hopeful with a question...

• My VBAC was with a CNM and I did not have to meet with the back-up doctor.  I would only have to see him if I needed a c/s at any time.  Since I delivered without issue, I never met him.

I have heard of other people where they did have to meet with the back-up doctor, so it is certainly not unheard of.  If the midwife isn't concerned, I'd say you are good to go!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • I had to do the same thing. I went to a practice of midwives, but I had to see one of the family practice doctors to get approval. He went over the risks with me, but was very encouraging about the whole thing. When I was in labor he was contacted and put on call. He made any decisions that needed to be made and would have come in if there were any complcations.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"