Babies on the Brain

Pre seed opinions?

Hi there! We have been ttc now for 6 months with no luck. I have recently heard about "pre seed" and am wondering if any of you have used it? If so, what are your opinions on it? Thanks!

Re: Pre seed opinions?

• It's one of the few sperm safe lubes as it doesn't kill the little swimmers but it's not a miracle worker by any means. Some people swear by it though. 

Just a warning, a little goes a long way.  

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • Bought it, but never used it

"I stammered, unable to form a coherent thought because I have a vagina."

• Loading the player...
  • My husband and I use it whenever we need lube. It has been the only thing I've used as far as lube goes, so I'm pretty sure it doesn't hinder ttc (since I've had a baby before). My husband and I tried out a few KY Jelly ones, and Pre-Seed is runnier. It's pretty cold though, so warm it up a little first haha!

Also, like a pp said, it is not meant to help you conceive, but it is to help you not kill any sperm. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Just being honest, I found that getting turned on thoroughly worked just fine. I also discontinued medications that dry you out like Claritin or anti-allergy type stuff and while there may be absolutely no correlation, it worked.

Do you know if/when you're O'ing?  Preseed it basically just a lube that's safe for the swimmers, like a replacement for the natural lubrication your body produces when turned on.

Good luck!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like it, but it does dry out a little quicker than other lubes. Despite that, it's my favorite.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We got pregnant the first time we used it.  But there are so many variables involved, it's anyone's guess as to if the Pre-Seed actually played a role.  It just turned out to be a nice coincidence for us, I think.

It's a little pricey, but I think it served its purpose and based on past experience, even if it's just superstition at this point, I'm going to use it when we're ready to TTC again!

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs.Slick:

It's one of the few sperm safe lubes as it doesn't kill the little swimmers but it's not a miracle worker by any means. Some people swear by it though. 

I'm totally lame, but I got a kick out of the fact that Mrs. Slick replied to this post :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• imagePinkRoses:
    imageMrs.Slick:

It's one of the few sperm safe lubes as it doesn't kill the little swimmers but it's not a miracle worker by any means. Some people swear by it though. 

I'm totally lame, but I got a kick out of the fact that Mrs. Slick replied to this post :)

Bwahahaha awesome. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagePinkRoses:
    imageMrs.Slick:

LMAO! 

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • imageMrs.Slick:
    imagePinkRoses:
    imageMrs.Slick:

LMAO! 

FTW Yes 

"I stammered, unable to form a coherent thought because I have a vagina."

• I tried it while TTC (took 11 m) . it worked well but we concieved with a more natural lubricant... spit. 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • I have 2 preseed babies 12th cycle trying, 2nd cycle with preseed, and 5th cycle trying, first using preseed so I would say I swear by it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My husband liked it better than regular lube (like ky).  I agree with pp a little goes a long way. 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I like it. I used it when I was TTC in 2011. I got pregnant on the first cycle I used it. I wouldn't say that is solely because of the lube though. I think it just helped things along. I would say go for it because it can't hurt!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We got pg the first cycle we used preseed this time around (last time we weren't trying). I know lots of people who got pg the first month of using it.
    Brady (7.15.10) and Nolan (5.11.13)
  • We used it the cycle I got pregnant.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've never tried Pre seed but considered it when we were ttc.  We used YES BABY instead (I liked that it was organic). And it worked the first time 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I started using it last cycle, and wish I would have been using it longer for it's lubricating properties, especially given the frequency of sex while TTC.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Married 9/24/11 & TTC #1
    ~Trying for our rainbow baby~
    Me: 33 Him: 34
    Not preventing since 1/1/2012
    BFP #1 1/21/12 mmc @ 9wks d&c 3/5/12
    TTA until 9/1/12
    2 AO/irregular cycles Oct/Nov with abnormal TSH b/w
    Started TTC again 12/1/12
    BFP #2 12/31/2012 c/p 1/5/13
  • Used it for the first time and got pregnant that cycle. I've used it for 3 cycles this time and not pregnant yet.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've only used it a couple of times, but it seems to work well. Obviously, it hasn't helped us conceive though, and I do wish it didn't dry out so fast. Do any of you use the insert thingies that come with it? We haven't used those- I get the impression that my husband is turned off by the idea of using those for some reason. Confused
    --------------------------------------------------------------

imageimage

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"