Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Mom's who Pump

My little one is 2.5 weeks old and I have been EPing. I am getting to the point where I will be able to start freezing. (IE, I'm still able to use the milk up in 3-5 days, but my stash is getting bigger.) Right now, I am filling the bags to the top and making bottles out of them. My question is, once I start freezing them, if I put them in the fridge to thaw, do I still have the 3-5 days to use them in the refrigerator, or do I need to use it within 24 hours? I'd rather keep making the big bags, if possible, rather than just one feeding in a bag.

Also, am I able to keep the bags in the refrigerator for the day as I fill it up and then freeze? Would that affect anything?

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mom's who Pump

• Options
    U have to use the milk in 24 hours, and no refreezing if u don't use it.
  • Options
    It's best to store in amounts of what they normally eat, like 4 oz, that way you don't waste any left over, and if you need more you can always grab another bag. But def no refreezing :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    As PP said, use the defrosted milk within 24 hours & do not refreeze defrosted milk. I would make smaller bags to avoid wasting that hard earned milk. Also, do not mix cold milk that's been in the fridge with freshly pumped warm milk. The warm milk will change the temp of the cold too quickly & make it unsafe. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"