Infertility

2 ww and losing my mind....

Hello ladies!! Currently I'm in the 2 ww and it's blowing my mind away wondering if I'm going to get a BFN or BFP. Since my IUI, I've had sore breasts/nipples, I'm bloated, and even getting some pressure in my uterus. On Sun, 2/2, will be my 13dpiui. I wonder if any other ladies out there who had an IUI has had simlilar symptoms and got the BFP. I don't want to get my hopes up and then get crushed by AF.

Re: 2 ww and losing my mind....

• Hello. Progesterone has the same symptoms as pregnancy so unfortunately there is no way to know if you are pregnant from symptoms alone. If you really want to know, you can take a HPT or wait until your beta. Good luck!

************ Signature/Ticker Warning ************
    Me (32) DH (36) - Finding our way to baby #1
    Me: POF/DOR - AMH <0.16, heterozygous c677t MTHFR, insulin resistant and gluten intolerant
    DH: Severe MFI

12/2/11 - IUI #1- BFN 
    8/1/12 - IVF #1 - Zero response from max stims (600iu intramuscularly)

My ovaries are just for decoration

12/6/12 - Adopted five embryos that had been frozen for over ten years!
    2/11/13 - DEmbryo FET #1 Thawed four, sadly two didn't survive. Transferred two beautiful blasts. 
    2/16/13 - First BFP of my life @ 6dp5dt! EDD 10/30/13
    3/27/13 - After beta and u/s hell, no heartbeat ever detected. D&C at 9w1d.

6/5/13 - Adopted four new embryos that had been frozen for seven years!

9/12/13 - DEmbryo FET #2. Thawed and transferred two beautiful blasts
    9/17/13 - BFP @ 5dp6dt! EDD 05/31/14
    9/29/13 - m/c @ 5w1d. :(

11/19/13 - DEmbryo FET #3. Thawed and transferred one blast from each batch. Wow!
    11/23/13 - BFP @ 4dp6dt! EDD 8/7/13
    Beta #1 @ 13dp6dt - 522  Beta #2 @ 16dp6dt - 1373 
    6w5d ultrasound showed one perfect baby with a beautiful heartbeat of 134bpm!

Snowflake baby is a girl! 
    Our beautiful Snowflake girl arrived on July 22, 2014!   
    My embryo adoption blog: Wishing on a Snowflake

image      image 
  • The maddening thing is how the symptoms can be either pregnancy or period. I know the struggle! We went through 3 natural cycle IUIs, and just got our positive result today! 

My symptoms were pretty much the same except for a couple of things: my back and hips ached, and the spotting I typically had 12 days after the trigger shot didn't happen. My nausea and sore bbs are similar...but a little more pronounced. The soreness is different...more electric than achy. Also, instead of cramps, I have had little pulls and twinges instead.

I know the temptation is to over analyze everything....but I will tell you what a friend told me (she also struggled with infertility)...if it doesn't happen this month...there are other months. Everything you do gives your doctor that much more information to work with....and one day, you will have your happy ending. 

While this is tough, mommies like us will appreciate every pound, stretch mark, and dirty diaper so much more than those who take it all for granted. 

Hugs and prayers for you! 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm day 6 and dying over here lol. I don't work so it's all that's on my mind! For a few days after I had severe cramping and lower back ache, then I was severely like terribly bloated and my girls part down there felt irritated or something, now I've had a bad headache since yesterday morning. I also had clear mucus like discharge the first 4 days after. This is my first IUI and I'm so anxious and nervous! Did you use Clomid or anything?
    Nicole & David married June 2007
    Savana Katelynn Coy born 02-03-2009
    BFP #2 02/11/2013 ended in loss ectopic pregnancy
    BFP#3 07/01/2013 EDD March 11, 2014! Baby is perfect!

• I was on 50mg of Clomid day 59. I had 1 injection of HCG 3 days before my IUI and then the other injection 1 day before the IUI. My RE didn't put me on any meds after the procedure. He just wants me to call if AF shows up or if I'm late. Fingers crossed on being late!!!
  • Good luck!! I hope it works out for you! I'm in my 2ww also and it's just killing me! Every little pain, ache, etc i get my hopes up.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    3TC March Siggy Challenge: Funny Internet Meme Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Age: Me 26, DH 27, Married Oct. 10, 2009 ,TTC since March 2012
    Problem: Irregular menstruation, unexplained
    Nov&Dec-Provera because of no period after 35+ days
    First RE appt 1/10/2013
    Tests: TSH (normal), Prolactin (normal), SA (abnormal)
    Hysteroscopy (normal) and PCOS labs (negative/normal) 1/15/2013
    2/1/13- HPT BFP but Beta Hcg was negative
    Plan: Femara + Trigger + IUI in April if no real BFP before then Bloggy Blog!
  • I can relate! It has been 9 days since my transfer and I don't go in for my beta until NEXT Friday, so yeah, they are making me wait 2 1/2 weeks!!! I will probably break down before then and buy a hpt.  I am not feeling any symptoms so I am a little concerned.  If anything I have been feeling super positive about everything and in a good mood! Could this be from the progesterone? If so I need to be taking thie ALL the time!
  • Agreed - the 2ww is torture!!!  My last two FETS I got PG (and subsequently had miscarriages), and this time I am not feeling the tweaks/twinges I did previously.  Therefore making me feel like this is definitely a BFN, and as a result, making me nuts.  I tested today (which is early, I know - 7dp5dt), and it was negative.

Keep your chin up - and know there are others suffering along with you!

My TTC Journey:
    Dx: Hypothalamic amenorrhea / mild PCOS (Pretty much a hormone/ovulatory disorder)
    Progesterone to induce period w/ the goal of Clomid - never got period (September 2011). Referred to RE.
    Femera - never responded to the meds (December 2011)
    Clomid with TI - BFN (February 2012)
    Injectables (Menopur) - hyperstimulated/canceled (March 2012)
    Injectables #2 (Menopur) with TI- BFN (May 2012)
    IVF - OHSS (transfer canceled), but 11 frozen! (June 1012)
    FET - 1 transferred on 8/09/12. Beta#1 (11dp5dt): 350.3; Beta#2: 365; Beta#3: 157. Biochemical pregnancy.
    FET # 2 - 1 transferred on 11/01/12. Beta#1 (11dp5dt): 337; Beta#2: 769. BFP!!! 1st ultrasound 11/28/12 showed heartbeat, but measuring 5 days behind. 2nd ultrasound 12/05/12 - miscarriage.
    FET # 3 - 1 transferred on 1/24/13. Beta#1 (11dp5dt): BFN.
    FET # 4 - 2 transferred on 3/21/13.  Bet #1 (11dp5dt): 660; Beta#2: 1,300.  Miscarried at home @ 6 weeks.

FET # 5 - 2 transferred on 7/12/13.  Beta #1 (10dp6dt): BFN.
    Attempted an IUI in late August 2013, but didn't respond well.
    IVF #2 with PGS - Stims started 10/28 with retrieval on 11/11.  Of 14 mature eggs, 10 fertilized, 4 made it to Day 5 & 1 made it to Day 6. We did PGS on the Day 5 embryos, and 3 of 4 were normal. Had ET on 11/17. Beta #1 (8dp6dt): 203. Beta #2 (10dp6dt): 618. We since had two ultrasounds & on 12/19, our RE released us to the OB.  On 1/02/14, we had our first ultrasound with the OB where we heard the heartbeat.  We are so thankful for the blessing & crossing every finger & toe for a healthy & successful pregnancy.

photo JuneBugs_IFbump.jpgimageimage

http://i49.tinypic.com/v430oh.jpgimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"