January 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else get night anxiety???

One of the ladies in my BF support group called it this- night anxiety. It gets to be about 7 or 8pm and I just get anxious about what the night will bring. I appreciate the help that DH gives me, but he is at work all day and doesn't get up during the night (I'm BFing so there's no reason for him to get up). It is hard for me to relax at this time of night bc I worry that we are going to be awake all night. Last night wasn't a good night so I am sure that it is worse tonight that usual. I'm just tired. Guess I needed to vent...
BFP 9/27/11, EDD 6/3/12, Missed MC 9w3d BFP 1/1/12 EDD 9/7/12 Natural MC 6w3d BFP 5/8/12, EDD 1/15/13 IT'S A GIRL :)Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone else get night anxiety???

• Options
    I was just thinking the same thing. It doesn't get better with the second kid lol. And if it was just a quick feed and diaper change it would be one thing, but it usually involves at least one bout of unexplained crying and endless rocking that may or may not result in putting her back to sleep. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I get this too! FI works night shifts, too, so even though I'm mostly pumping and bottle feeding, he's not even there to give a bottle or something if I get too overwhelmed. Mine clears up pretty much as soon as the sun rises. I don't know why, it's just easier to deal with a crying baby during the day for some reason.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't quite use the word anxious for myself, but I do understand what you are saying. We have been waking up every 45minutes to an hour most nights. I had a 4 hour stretch once, and I have had a 3 hour stretch two or three times. Otherwise, he has been up all night. I think working overnight shifts has prepared me a little bit (and the fact that I did this with DS1), but I still dread bedtime most nights. The feedings don't bother me ... I wouldn't even care feeding every hour. It is when feeding doesn't calm him, and he just screams. I hope tonight goes smoother since our day today went smoother than most.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Absolutely.. I am fine during the day, sure i may get a little over whelmed. But nights.. Man.. They are brutal. I can't wait til we are living with my husband again and i have more help at night. Job or no, he will take at some night shifts a couple times a week so that i can actually sleep. The biggest stretch i have gotten since DS was born is 2 hours. 

7/5/11 MC at 8 weeks. 5/17/12 BFP, twins EDD 1/20/13! 6/20/12 Baby B's heart has stopped beating. 8/31/12 Baby A is a boy! And is perfectly healthy and thriving. 1/19/2013 emergency c-section, Thoren is perfect. 3/1/2013 told i will never be able to conceive again. 12/16/13 told they were wrong! 

• Options
    imageAsh2015:
    Yes, I get this too! FI works night shifts, too, so even though I'm mostly pumping and bottle feeding, he's not even there to give a bottle or something if I get too overwhelmed. Mine clears up pretty much as soon as the sun rises. I don't know why, it's just easier to deal with a crying baby during the day for some reason.

This exactly! Once the sun comes up I feel totally different! It's wierd.
  • Options

Yes!! I also breathe a huge sigh of relief when I see the sunrise...we made it through another night!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With my first baby I would DREAD the nights. I breastfed and knew I would be up half the night and DH couldn't really help other than with diapers, which he did quite often. This time around it's not as bad yet. I'm sure that will change when I go back to work and have to get up at 5am to start getting myself ready. DD goes to bed at 9:30 right now. Hopefully we will get her bedtime back down to around 8-8:30 and DH and I will be able to go to sleep earlier once I start working again. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imagerjade9:
    imageAsh2015:
    Yes, I get this too! Mine clears up pretty much as soon as the sun rises. I don't know why, it's just easier to deal with a crying baby during the day for some reason.
    This exactly! Once the sun comes up I feel totally different! It's wierd.

100% agree...

• Options
    Nights havent been too bad for us. LO sleeps about 31/2 hr stretches at night and SO has been taking the 4 am feeding. I EBF outside of that one feeding, SO says he is starting to fight the bottle tho so we'll see what's in store for us!
    BFP#1 - 8/30/2010, natural M/C 10/3/2010 BFP#2 - 5/13/2012 (Mother's Day!) grow baby grow! Baby boy born 1-11-13!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker http://www.thebump.com/profiles/Jo2013/settings/avatar/index#
  • Options

imageAsh2015:

Same here. Seems so much worse at night! Dreading SO going back to work next week (nights also). He's been a lot of help. He'll change DS while I go to the bathroom, get some more water, and get ready to feed him. I should just start getting used to doing it all alone at night so it's not such a shock.

• Options

I get waves on anxiety like this too, about various times of day, pretty much just worrying about the next step
    (will she take a morning nap, how is feeding going to go, what if she is up all night)

totally understand

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"