Natural Birth
Options

New and determined!

Hello all! My name is Laura! I have a 13 month old baby boy and  I am 6 weeks pregnant with my second. I wanted a natural birth with my son. I went 16 hours med free (yay!) then was not progressing (I stayed 1.5cm the WHOLE time) and my sons heart rate started dropping with contractions. We believed I was heading for a c section, got an epidural and 3 hours later started pushing. I had a terrible birth coach (my ex husband) and I know I just could not relax enough to let my body do what was needed.I had to push for an hour and 40 minutes and my son ended up in the NICU from not breathing well.

I am so determined this time to go med free! There are no natural childbirth classes near me so I am wondering if you ladies have any good books for me to read and help with this little one. Thank you in advance!

Happy and healthy nine months!!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New and determined!

• Options

Welcome!  I hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Check out the FAQ here https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/71459100.aspx

• Options
    Congrats! I loved the Birth Partner. My DH really loved it too, he was actually able to tell what stage of labor I was at and was really supportive. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• Options
    I liked "The Doula guide to Childbirth" , I thought it was useful in helping me figure out how to navigate a hospital birth and still have an intervention free birth if possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"