Cloth Diapering

Twin CDers, How many OS do you have?

I think I have the newborn phase covered - I think. 

Thinking ahead to OS phase... how many OS dipes do you have? Do you still mix in Prefolds & Covers? And how often do you wash?

Also, if you remember, at what age did you move to OS? I know twins tend to be small and I'm guessing I'll get more than the standard time frame out of my NB dipes.   

TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Twin CDers, How many OS do you have?

• Well, I don't have twins, but I will have 2 in diapers soon!

I mainly use prefolds/flats/fitteds with covers for home use, AIOs when we are running around. I currently have 12 Large prefolds and 12 Large birds eye flats from Green Mtn. Diapers. (GMD), along with some fitteds and various doublers for night time. Cover wise - about 6 Thirsties Duo Size 2 and 4 Flip covers. I really think the Flip covers are a great investment and have really enjoyed using them. I will warn you - get snaps! While the BG aplix is really good, babies eventually like taking their diapers off! I also really like using the flats (more than prefolds) - they can be used through a wide weight range and dry a lot faster than prefolds! Lastly, I have several Elementals and a Swaddlebees Simplex as my out and about diapers. I really like the Simplex :)

I have only been washing every third day, but I expect to be back at every other day once #2 is here! I don't plan on moving #2 up to the OS diapers I have until she is 10+ lbs.  

For twins I would recommend having about 18-24 flats/prefolds each and about 6-8 covers each, and a hand full of AIOs and fitteds. Hope that helps!

• I think they were around 9-10 weeks when we moved to OS - they were still a little big, but the pee volume was getting to be too much for the newborn sizes. 

We have, I believe, around 30 AIOs - mostly Freetimes, a few Elementals. I also have 4 Flip covers and 16 inserts - they don't get used that often, but they're convenient for the diaper bag and as back-up. I wash daily, but only b/c my diaper pail and washing machine are small and it's easier to just throw one load in a day. If I had a bigger machine I'd wash every other day. 

Good luck with your twins :) It was really hard for the first 3-4 months, and now it's so much fun.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Also meant to say that we counted on them being small for a while, and that didn't happen - she was just under 7 pounds at birth, and he was just over :)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I agree with the pp, mine were 6.9 and 6.12 at birth! We were in OS about 8 weeks I think. Those first coupla months are a little bit of a blur :

I just counted last week and I have 32 AIOs mostly BGEs, and a couple Swaddlebees, and 40 pockets kawaii bamboo and BG 4.0s. That is enough for several days but it is nice to not have to be really strict about doing laundry. Plus, I get wild hairs to have different types and just rotate through as preferred, though the AIOs get the most use, being so easy and all.

Good luck! For all the work, there is a whole lot of cute you get to have. :
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • we didn't start CDing until they were 9m but i we have something like 10 best bottom covers, 30 BB inserts, 30 BG pockets and maybe 8 AIO (mostly BG freetimes). we have enough to get through about 2.5 days if i get back up on stuffing/putting away laundry.

i launder daily. i tried going to every other day and they started to get stinky over time. they just weren't getting clean enough. so back to daily it is. it's not a PITA at all, there isn't much active work.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"