TTC after 35

will headcold affect IUI?

I woke up today with the beginnings of a headcold, dh cold started Monday night....will rebut cancel an IUI for that? Will dh sperm be effected, going to tell him to lay off the meds till after U/s tomorrow to determine Iui date.

I knew I.should have been taking more vit C this weekend, we were at an event up in NH....lots people, dry air, just a haven for a cold virus to find new victims! Hindsight is 20/20 right?

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
3 cycles clomid with Ob,
1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

Re: will headcold affect IUI?

• I can tell you that my DH has a head cold & I called the day before he was dropping off his SA - they said that the over-the-counter cold medicine would not affect it.  They were concerned about a fever - she actually mentioned 100 or over.

Unfortunately I don't know what it will do to your eggs.  Call them, the ladies there are so nice.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Don't think that headcold will effect IUI, but febrile illness (such as flu) might.  Wishing you all the best on your IUI and hope that you and YH recover quickly!
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it's ok, and I would let my DH take the meds. You don't want the headcold to get worse. Lots of fluids...good luck!

• I had the flu and supposedly the antibiotics I was on will help my IUI by clearing anything up down there I didn't know about!  Otherwise, I don't know the answer.  Just wanted to say GL on your IUI!!!

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Heather - how are you feeling?  I hope not sick anymore...  Did you call the RE to see what they say?  Will the IUI move forward?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks for asking, I am feeling better, spent yesterday resting at home, taking lots of vitamins and drugs, still sick but feeling better. IUI will be Tues/weds depends on follies they were only 11's yesterday.

RE told me to take and do everything I could to get better for IUI - so unless I get sick again I should be healthy by then, hopefully!!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"