Secondary IF

yet another qustion about testing out the trigger...

Sorry, this is all new to me and when I google, I seem tog et such a wide variety of answers.  For those of you who tested it out, did it eventually fade and fade before 10dp trigger?  Or when you saiy it took around 10 days (or moe) to leave your system, did it start to get lighter around the 10 day mark?  Or was it a strong solid second line that just all of a sudden disappeared the following day?

Re: yet another qustion about testing out the trigger...

• I have tested out my trigger twice now. Once it was gone by 8dpo, the other time it was gone at 5dpo. It did get lighter and lighter until it was gone.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • This is why testing out the trigger may not have been the best idea for me...I'm 10 days past my trigger and still have a very very solid line, I think it's giving me false hope...
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't want to give you false hope, but it is my understanding that usually the trigger should be out of your system by then.  I've never tested mine out, but I have taken hpts as early as 8 and 9 days past trigger and it was definitely gone.  It depends on how many units your trigger shot was.  The HCG should reduce by 1000 units per day.  So, if you had a 10,000 unit shot then it should take 10 days to leave the system.  I never had a shot with 10,000 units (I think mine was 5000), but I would assume your line should be getting lighter and lighter.  Keep testing and see what happens!  Keep us posted!  Good luck! 
    TTC #3 (#1 for DH) since September 2011. DX: Unexplained infertility with possible cervical factor. May 2012 did clomid with IUI - BFN August 2012 IUI #2 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN September 2012 IUI #3 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN October 2012 IUI #4 w/ follistim/letrozole - BFN November/December 2012 IVF/ICSI #1 Retrieved 12 eggs, 8 fertilized. Transferred 1 beautiful embryo and 5 made it to freeze. Got my BFP! January 2013 u/s showed empty gestational sac. FET cycle April 2013.  Transferred 2 5 day embryos.  BFP!!!!!  2 heartbeats!!!!  EDD:  12/27/13
  • First of all, this sounds encouraging.  That being said, give us all the details.  When did you start testing, how often since then, and what differences have you noticed? That should help us help you a little better.
    10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have tested three times - today, yesterday and Sunday or Monday (I actually can't remember which!), all with FMU and the second line popped up pretty much immediately in all 3 cases, even today, 10 days past the trigger....It has not varied in color at all and def hasn't gotten lighter.  Two were the dollar store tests and this mornign was Rite Aid brand early result (generic version of FRER I guess)......
  • Hmmm, that is confusing!  I'd be surprised to see a BFP pop up so dark and quickly, but I'd also be surprised to see the same if it's the trigger.  I totally thought I'd have an answer based on that info, but I'm sorry to say I'm as clueless as you are.

I guess at this point, keep testing every day or two and if it's still positive, I'd start trusting it as your BFP.  When is beta?

10/10: Married; 5/11: Dx: Blocked Fallopian Tube; 7/11: D&C/Hysteroscopy to remove polyp
    IVF #1: 9/11: ER: 12R, 11M, 10F, No Frosties; 5dt: 2 blasts, 1 morula; DD born 6/3/12
    IVF #2: 11/12-12/12: ER: 20R, 20M, 16F, 4 Frosties; 5dt: 3 blasts, DS born 8/9/13
  • My Dr only does the beta if I get BFP at home. He told me to test 2 weeks after IUI, which would be Monday....and yes I agree I would def not expect BFP to pop up so quick and so Dark at 10 days post trigger but I also would expect trigger to show a lighter positive but who knows!
  • If today was 9dpo, I would have to go against the BFP for now.  I think tomorrow, or, if you can hold out until Friday, you'll get a better idea.  I did get positives at 10dpo and 11dpo respectively for IVF.  I'm not sure if it tends to differ for IUIs though.  I'm keeping fingers crossed that you keeping seeing both lines though!
  • Saw it again today, bright and clear and solid...I'm now 10DPO and 11 DPtrigger....No way can I hold out, I'll be testing everyday between now and Monday :)  I can't decide if seeing the line, but knowing it's the trigger when it eventually goes away makes it easier if I eventually see BFN, or makes it harder to go from "positive" (whatever the reason, even if false) to negative, we will see I guess!  i haven't told DH any of this and I told one friend I was doing this (she went through several failed IUIs, M/C and eventually had twins through IVF) and she told me to stop testing!!

• I just can't imagine you'd be testing positively for your trigger at 11 days out, especially so dark, so I'm starting to feel more comfortable with a BFP.  If you get another tomorrow, I'd be hard-pressed to call it anything else.  FX you keep seeing the same thing, and it's what we hope it is!
  • Thanks! I'm hesitant to get too excited and now I'm completely freaking about my CF test (see newest post).....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"