Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

breast milk and travaling

My family and I are going on vacation in march so my lil man will be 3 months I have been freezing breast milk to bring, so I can relax a few nights. My question is how would I travel with the milk so it stays frozen? Or at least so it can last a few days

Re: breast milk and travaling

• Options
    Could you give your LO the frozen a day or so before you leave and take fresh from the replaced feeding?  This is what I always did and it worked out great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imageuconnhuskie007:
    Its worth noting that you mention freezing so you can relax a few days....if you don't nurse or pump those nights that you're gone, then your supply will significantly decrease, if not disappear all together.nbsp; Just throwing that out there.nbsp; nbsp;

This. You'll still have to pump, which isn't exactly relaxing.

To answer your question though, check Kellymom.com for freezing and thawing guidelines. You really don't have to keep it frozen at all if you plan to use it within a certain amount of time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm not sure if you're flying or not, but I've flown with frozen bm plenty of times. If you want to carry it on, just pack it with some ice packs and they just have to check it when you go through security (wipe something on the outside). I've also checked it in my luggage with a bunch of ice packs. Just put a plastic bag around it in case there is any condensation. I moved when my little guy was 3 months and had a lot of bm in the freezer that I didn't want to waste... this worked fine. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"