March 2013 Moms

Hungry all the time

I am 34 weeks now and since becoming pregnant I have lost a total of 37lbs. I have had aweful "morning" sickness since week 7 and I still get sick at least once a day still. For a few weeks I was able to keep my weight steady and not lose any but recently I am unable to eat more than a few bites at a time w/o feeling extremely full and uncomfortable. I try to drink ensure and lots of water to help stay hydrated and get some vitamins but I'm so hungry all the time. I take zofran to help with the nausea but it only does so much. Any advice? Btw the baby is doing well and was weighing in big, around 4 1/2 pounds as of 4 weeks ago

Re: Hungry all the time

• My doctor told me after you lose 10 percent of your body weight you should be put on a feeding tube. It sounds like you should have been put on one a long time ago! Also, I was put on multiple meds not just zofran. And if that doesn't work, you should be trying the zofran pump. HG is nothing to mess with. I would really be talking to my doctor!
  • WTH? You both sound like MUD.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • If the baby is doing well....?

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Were you obese? I am not sure how this is possible. I don't know how you are losing weight if you are hungry all the time. I am packing on the lbs and I am okay with it.
  • When you have HG and constantly throw up and can't properly eat, you lose weight as baby gets bigger. It's as simple as that. My HG has been able to be controlled since around week 30 so now, although I have food aversions and GD, I have gained 7 pounds. I was closely watched at the beginning of my pregnancy and given multiple meds to stop my throwing up. If it hadn't been stopped and I lost more than 10 percent of my body weight, I would have been put on a feeding tube. And you can be hungry and unable to eat... Not sure why that would be considered MUD...
  • Not sure why this would be considered MUD either- hyperemesis gravidarum is very real and very miserable. I suffered the worst HG with my first pregnancy but thankfully only lost about 20lbs in the 1st tri and was able to eventually slowly gain a little bit back over time, but like you, I also threw up until the day DS was born. Have they considered a zofran pump? I wouldn't necessarily say you need a feeding tube but I did end up having a zofran pump and 24/7 IV fluids for a while. With my nd my HG was not quite as severe and I only lost about 13lbs in 1st tri- I was sick until about 20 weeks and I ended up with a zofran pump (though not IV fluids 24/7). I would ask your dr about getting one for the remaining weeks and my only advice is find what you can keep down and eat that- sometimes it will be the most random foods that stay down. With DS I was able to keep down cheese pizza for some reason (but would vomit crackers and soup lol) With DD I was able to keep down slices of deli turkey...again random but at least it was something. Hang in there- you are almost done and if it is any relief to you all of my pregnancy symptoms literally disappear as soon as the baby is born! I went from puking multiple times a day to not puking at all within 24 hours of both of my labors :-) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We did talk about the zofran pump but even with insurance it was going to cost me 5000 and with my little one on the way and his father not in the picture at all it's an expense I just couldn't afford. To be clear about this I was obese to start with and the majority of my weight loss was within the first trimester. I'm just looking for the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm just so worn out I feel like I've had the flu for 8 months. Thanks for the positive thoughts. It's appreciated
  • Also can someone tell me what MUD is?
  • MUD = Made Up Drama. My apologies you OP (and pamelaam2468) .... for it to be your first post and such an incredible amount of weight lost (37 lbs) it just sounded unbelievable and I couldn't imagine that your doctor would let that happen without taking serious action. So it just seemed to me like a troll post. I was also pretty cranky yesterday so that contributed as well. Sorry again and I hope you get some good answers, and feel better!

• I love that you apologized! So sweet! Hope you are feeling better pregnancy is torture on our bodies AND emotions!
  • That's ok and thank you for explaining. I hope things are going well with your pregnancy.
  • Thanks ladies for being understanding. Here's to a happy and healthy few more weeks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"