November 2012 Moms
Options

Waking baby??

So my LO had her 2 month shots today and has been very sleepy ever since.  Her last bottle was at 7PM and she went right to sleep.  My DH usually gives her the last bottle of the night (only bottle he gives all day) and then gets her to bed.  Should we wake her if she's still sleeping at 11PM? She usually eats every 4 hours or so, she is fed on demand.  Selfishly I know she'll probably wake up a little later and then he'll be asleep and Ill have to feed her.  WWYD? 

Re: Waking baby??

• Options
    When we had our two month shots I tried to wake D when he had been sleeping for a long stretch. He latched and fed for maybe 3 minutes then went back to sleep.  Are you offering BM or formula? That might play a part in my decision. I would hate to make several ounce of formula, the baby not eat and have to throw it out. Formula seems really expensive.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    She is FF.  I think DH is heading up to wake her to change her and see if she'll eat at all.  I'm not too concerned about wasting the formula..oh well :-)  I'm sure she will fall back to sleep soon after but something just feels wrong about waking her while sleeping.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagepersephonerose:
    When we had our two month shots I tried to wake D when he had been sleeping for a long stretch. He latched and fed for maybe 3 minutes then went back to sleep.  Are you offering BM or formula? That might play a part in my decision. I would hate to make several ounce of formula, the baby not eat and have to throw it out. Formula seems really expensive.

This. When our DS had his shots he slept for long stretches as well. We just let him sleep because the poor thing was sore. :( I was in the same situation as you...LO fell asleep at about 7:30 and did not wake up until 12:30!  I had only been sleeping for an hour and a half at that point...oh well...

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 46808 845377924360 2036704678 n

WIMG950372 1

• Options
    I would let LO sleep.
    050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekieannb:
    I would let LO sleep.

THIS 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagelkb1987:

imagekieannb:
    I would let LO sleep.

THIS 

Agreed. You shouldn't ever wake a sleeping baby unless there are weight issues, not enough wet and dirty diapers or your pedi says otherwise.
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"