January 2013 Moms

Benjamin's Birth Story

Hi everyone.... Just wanted to share my birth story for those girls who like to read them.

I went in for a regular apt on Monday January 21. When I went in my Midwife did a check and found me to be 6, close to 7 cm and was nervous. My first labor with my son had only been 7 hours from start to finish and she was nervous that if she sent me home and I went into labor I might not make it to the hospital on time. So she sent me to the hosptial for an induction of breaking my water.

My husband and I arrived at the hospital at noon but the other midwife from my practice couldnt get to us just yet as she was in another delivery. So we were instructed to walk the hallways. After having the internal at the office I was having contractions but they were light. At 1:00 pm my midwife met me in the Alternate Birthing Center room of the hospital and broke my water. I continued to walk the hallways of the floor until about 2:30 when my contractions really picked up and I found it too uncomfortable to be out of the room. I then tried to labor in the room using the birthing ball and different positions on the bed. Nothing was helping and I started to feel more and more uncomfortable. I then asked for the jacuzzi. I got in the jacuzzi and at first it really helped in btwn contractions, to soothe me and help me relax.

Around 3pm I wanted her to check me again and I was only and 8. I felt discouraged because I was in so much pain and started thinking I didnt want to di this natural anymore...I was in transition at this point. My contractions really got intense and I was that screaming crazy lady. Finally at 3:50 I felt the pressure to push. I got out of the tub and got on the bed. At 4:02 Benjamin Luke entered the world weighing 8lbs 15oz and 21.5 inches long. Perfect. He went right to the breast like a champ.

Delivering the placenta was intense as well. They actually gave me pitocin for that and I was in so much pain for that too.

All in all, I am so happy that he came so quickly that I was able to deliver naturally. My husband was such a great support when I started to doubt myself and I am proud that I was able to accompish it.

Benjamin has been such a great baby thus far and is sleeping like a rock star. Last night he actually slept for a 5 hour stretch!

photo 8614cb38-d577-4c0f-bbe8-185495dd3bea_zpsd7fc2b80.jpg

Re: Benjamin's Birth Story

• I know, right?! I felt "done" with pregnancy, but I didnt feel like I was 6 cm, I wasnt having contractions that week leading up to it or anything. I thought I was going to be overdue!
    photo 8614cb38-d577-4c0f-bbe8-185495dd3bea_zpsd7fc2b80.jpg
  • Congrats on your baby boy!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Congrats on your little boy

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.