January 2013 Moms

Sleeping at night

Question for all you experienced mamas. My LO was sleeping for 24 hour stretches in either the crib or bassinet when being swaddled. Though I'm up every 2 hours for either him or to pump, I felt like we were getting closer to a schedule. Today he is 4 weeks old. Now the past few days LO will not sleep in his crib, bassinet, or when swaddled. He screams as soon as he wakes up and realizes he's swaddled after about 5 mins max and only lasts a few minutes in he crib or bassinet. The only place he will sleep and not wake is in my arms, and its still been only over an hour. Any suggestions for getting him back into the crib or bassinet? Could this be a growth spurt?

BFP #1: 05/2012 DS born 12/30/12

BFP #2: 02/2014 Natural M/C 03/2014 @ 7 weeks

BFP #3: 06/2014 EDD: 02/17/2015 M/C @ 7w2d, D&E 7/15/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleeping at night

• Eloise will have a couple stretches like that where she'll be sleeping great, last night she only woke up 2 times during the night but sometimes we'll have never ending nights where she only wants to be in my arms. Those nights if I keep feeding her at some point she'll usually end up practically passing out from being full & tired but they're long nights! Everyone keeps reminding me it won't last long but sometimes it feels like I'll never sleep again! 

• I got about 45 minutes in my own bed before mine woke me up, we've been up ever since. He won't lay down anywhere; he only sleeps in my arms. I'm exhausted. 

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Have you tried not swaddling him? DS(1) hated being swaddled and would not sleep that way; this time with DD we haven't swaddled her yet, we use a sleep sack

Maybe your LO doesn't like having his arms restrained.. Idk, is just an idea

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"