October 2012 Moms

Anybody else not have nursery?

Saw three different friends posted pictures of their nurseries today and it left me feeling a little blue.We live in a one bedroom house and have no room for one.His crib is in the room with us and besides a swing and jumparoo in the living room you never know a baby lived here.Dh doesn't want me to decorate the corner of the room that the crib is in because he says it's our room it should look like an adults room.So Lo doesn't even have that and I feel left out when I see nursery pictures that people have worked so hard on.

Re: Anybody else not have nursery?

• Aw, I'm sorry you feel blue.  What's important now is that you love and care for him.  He's not going to grow up remembering the decorations or the color of paint where he slept as an infant.  But he will remember being warm and loved.

Our house is very small, so we had to convert the guest room into a guest/baby room.  But we all sleep in there now.  Everyone's situation is unique, I guess.

With all that said, I don't see any harm in putting up a few wall decals or things near the crib.  If it will make you feel better it's probably worth it. 

• We rent a small 2 bedroom condo.  The second bedroom before the LO came was essentially storage (since we moved from a bigger house to this).  So when I was pregnant we just set the crib in our room and everything else in that room.  It's nowhere near a nursery
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a room set up for B but its not done like a "nursery". Its a big boy room that happens to have a crib in it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we had the most beautiful nursery for ds1.  we moved to a new house when he was 9 months old.  we never used his room once.  it turned into a storage closet.  so, we didnt make a nursery for ds2.  dont feel bad!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DS is room-sharing with us for the first 6 months (I hope), so his crib is in our bedroom.  The rest of his things (swing, activity gym) are in the living room.  Our guest room will be his nursery, but we haven't set it up as a nursery yet, except putting his clothes in the dresser, and his toys in the closet.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We also live in a one bedroom apartment. The only difference is that we decorated the corner where his crib is with wall art. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Alice has a corner of our computer room that has a bookshelf, dresser, and a few robot accessories. She sleeps in her PnP next to our bed. There's no real nursery or anything here either.

After 7 years of no ovulation...
    BFP#1 10/24/11 ~ EDD 6/29/12 ~ Natural m/c 11/2/11
    BFP#2 2/3/12 ~ Alice born 9/26/12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Oct Angel Babies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"