November 2012 Moms
Options

introducing solids

When do you plan to introduce solids and what do you plan to start with?

I have been giving her cereal in her bottle since birth and plan to start introducing sweets soon like ice cream and honey.

Jk. Actually, I will probably do veggie purees and baby oatmeal between 4-5 months. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: introducing solids

• Options
    As per my DRs orders, we are not going to start food until 6 months. We are going to do the BLW this time around and see how that works out.
    V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekiraliz2:

I am thinking I'm going to wait until 6 months and start on veggies and fruit purees per my pediatrician. Although I am looking into BLW and will discuss that with her at our 4 month check up.

If I do go the mush route, I will make my own.

Great minds think alike! haha 

V|V TSP V|V
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Okay, please forgive my ignorance ahead of time (which is why I'm asking, so I'm no longer in the dark here) . . . but what does BLW stand for?

EDIT And I love the baby eating gif!  Saved it to my laptop ;) 

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• Options

Funny Teresa---I was like oohh goody---this will be an entertaining post! Then I saw your ending! LOL!

We will likely start cereal on a spoon next month (4 months) at Pedi's suggestion. My little guy is already on cereal in his bottle bc of reflux. From that point I will wait on Pedi's direction before starting fruits and veggies.

IMG_4550[1] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I honestly haven't given much thought. I just said I would wait until at least six months. But today my pedi said we would discuss food at her four month appointment. So in the mean time, I'll be doing some research.
    TTC #1 BFP 6/1/2011 blighted ovum d&c 7/15/11
    TTC #2 BFP 12/6/11 chemical pregnancy natural mc 12/18/11
    TTC #3 BFP 3/19/12. 4/9: HR of 134! **Bake Turkey, Bake!**
    **All ALs Welcome**
  • Options

Those of you that you pedis said 6 months did they give any reasons? My pedi said 4 months is fin as long as she has readiness signs, which she already does at 3months.

side note: my computer wanted to change pedis into penis, just thought I would share. 

• Options
    imageteresamartini11:
    Those of you that you pedis said 6 months did they give any reasons? My pedi said 4 months is fin as long as she has readiness signs, which she already does at 3months.side note: my computer wanted to change pedis into penis, just thought I would share.nbsp;
    What are the signs that they are ready for solids?
  • Options

imageshaunnna:
    imageteresamartini11:
    Those of you that you pedis said 6 months did they give any reasons? My pedi said 4 months is fin as long as she has readiness signs, which she already does at 3months.side note: my computer wanted to change pedis into penis, just thought I would share.nbsp;
    What are the signs that they are ready for solids?

holds head steady

sits up well supported

interested in solid foods

chews on things

doesn't push things out of mouth

• Options
    We are waiting until about 6 months. I will start with oatmeal, as rice cereal has zero nutritional value.

• Options
    Awesome, thank you! It's crazy to think that LO eating solids will be so soon!
  • Options
    imageMandJS:
    imagekatigox:

Okay, please forgive my ignorance ahead of time (which is why I'm asking, so I'm no longer in the dark here) . . . but what does BLW stand for?

EDIT And I love the baby eating gif!  Saved it to my laptop ;) 

BLW = baby led weaning. See also, this thread.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/71515325.aspx 

Thanks for the link :) 

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• Options
    I don't plan to try cereal until 5 months and I will give a veggie first at 6 months.
  • Options

imagem i l l y:
    I don't plan to try cereal until 5 months and I will give a veggie first at 6 months.

this is me too..... 

• Options

imagem i l l y:

this is me too..... 

• Options

I'm waiting until 6 months. My biggest reason? Laziness. Food is way more work than just a bottle or boob. I was so excited about it with DD1. Yeah, they eat food for the rest of their lives. Take your sweet time. 

Anywho, when we do start solids, I won't be doing any type of cereal. Going straight to the yellow/orange veggies. And I am going to try preparing them myself this time. I'll use the pouches in a pinch.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"