March 2013 Moms

Carpal tunnel and thank you notes

I don't know how many of you are experiencing the pregnancy form of carpal tunnel, but I have been the last several weeks. It is getting bad enough that I can't really write for long without my hand (fingers mostly) cramping up. My shower was two weeks ago almost and I have up to 6 weeks before LO makes her arrival to do the Thank you notes. I was hoping some of you may have some suggestions on how to get all 50+ of my thank you cards done without losing my ability to write.

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

Re: Carpal tunnel and thank you notes

• Around the time of our wedding, I had something similar to carpal tunnel, called DeQuervain's Tenosynivitus (carpal tunnel of the thumb).  I was in a brace for most of the day to limit the movement in my hand.  DH ended up writing all of the thank you notes, although we sat together and I was able to dictate any sentiments I wanted to convey in the notes.

Can DH help out?  I think people would more than understand if the notes weren't in your handwriting.

I'm not sure if I would want to go so far as to email people thank yous, although that would be easier than handwriting the notes as well.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • It was really hard to write my notes.  I did two and then took at 10 minutes break.  More than that and my writing became too hard to read because my fingers and wrist go numb.  I kept them shorter than I normally would so that I could get them done.
    BFP on IVF #2 6/29/2012. Beta #1 7/3 = 522; Beta #2 = 1180; Beta #3 = 6491 image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageCBomback:

DH ended up writing all of the thank you notes, although we sat together and I was able to dictate any sentiments I wanted to convey in the notes.

Can DH help out?  I think people would more than understand if the notes weren't in your handwriting.

Like this dictating idea. Or you could get a close friend or relative with nice writing to do it. To be honest, outside of your very best friends and immediate family no one will notice whether its your handwriting or not.

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I have the carpal tunnel too and writing the notes was quite painful for me. My mother offered to write them for me, but I am stubborn and wanted to do them myself. I did a few at a time...took many breaks along the way. The days after I wrote my notes my hands were more sore than normal. I wish I had DH or my mom write them after all! Good luck. 
  • imageluvbug6315:
    I have the carpal tunnel too and writing the notes was quite painful for me. My mother offered to write them for me, but I am stubborn and wanted to do them myself. I did a few at a time...took many breaks along the way. The days after I wrote my notes my hands were more sore than normal. I wish I had DH or my mom write them after all! Good luck. 

I'm pretty stubborn too so I want to write them myself. I thought about typing them on the thank you cards, but that might get more complicated than writing them. Also, can't ask DH since his normal writing is worse than my current writing, and he is working to change our office to the nursery since I can move anything. I think I will just take my time doing a few each night until they are done.

BFP #1 7/6/2012, EDD 3/13/2013, Delivered 3/14/2013

BFP #2 1/7/2014: EDD:9/14 MC: 1/9/2014 (confirmed via blood work)

BFP #3 7/5/2014: EDD 3/11/2015 MC: 7/15/2014

BFP #4 11/7/2014: EDD 7/17/2015~~Please be my RAINBOW!

My Chart

image image image

All are Welcome!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"