Cloth Diapering
Options

Cotton babies "seconds"?

Has anyone actually received/used the diapers from the BG seconds sale with the "imperfect" elementals and NB? Can you tell me if they are still worth buying? They wouldn't sell something knowing it would leak or fall apart after 1 wash, right? I'm sorry if this sounds dumb, but we are expecting #1 and I'm trying to build up a nice stash without breaking the bank. Thanks!

Re: Cotton babies "seconds"?

• Options
    I got 5 flips from their seconds sale that we imperfect but I can't tell that there's anything wrong with them at all! We use them all the time. They are very picky about what they sell so it could be the velcrow is maybe a tiny bit off etc but nothing that wouldn't be able to still be functional for you to use. All ours look perfect.
  • Options
    I got a BG 4.0 and I looked, but couldn't find anything wrong with it. Of course, I've only had it a couple of weeks, but it's been fine.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I was thinking about getting some of their seconds as well! Normally seconds just means that there are minor flaws - a snap is slightly out of place, velcro not perfectly sewn on, stitching not spectacularly perfect, etc. Unless you are OCD about things, I don't see a problem with taking advantage of the savings!

While we are talking about seconds - check out Babee Greens, too. I swear by their fitteds for night time use! They are so luxurious! I have even talked to them about designing a post-partum stretchy underwear-mama pad combination (instead of awful mesh panties and huge sanitary pads)... hoping to move forward on a design in the next few months! 

• Options

Thanks, Ladies! I just ordered 2 of the 4.0 covers and 1 of the elementals. I'm a little hesitant to buy more of the elementals because the reviews seem to suggest that they aren't very durable, but I'm going to give it a try. 

• Options
    imagePumpkin_Princess:

Thanks, Ladies! I just ordered 2 of the 4.0 covers and 1 of the elementals. I'm a little hesitant to buy more of the elementals because the reviews seem to suggest that they aren't very durable, but I'm going to give it a try. 

I have 2 BG Elementals seconds.  They are fantastic!  I seriously have no idea what's wrong or imperfect about them.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"