Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Grace suddenly not listening at school

Grace had been getting some notes this week on her daily sheets about being restless. I was talking to her teacher today at drop off she was saying she just hasn't been listening that well and bouncing off the walls recently. It really had me thinking all day.
At pick up, her teacher said her behavior was so off today. It is so unusual for her, she always listens. I asked if it was just normal toddler behavior and she said Grace's behavior has changed drastically and quickly. So of course, I get the super mommy working guilt.
I started ticking off all the things that have changed recently: just started sleeping (not well) in her toddler bed, going to bed later and not sleeping through the night, Jackson is in her crib now and they are sharing a room, I'm back at work and she has gone back to full days. I guess for a normal person it wouldn't be much but for a 2 year old, that is probably a LOT of change in a month right?
For the first time in her gymnastics/dance class at school she didn't get a stamp which is her super favorite thing to show me on Wednesdays. Apparently she must not have been listening to that teacher either. It made ME sad.
Can I chalk it up to all the recent changes and hope she settles down? I tried to talk to her on the way home about not listening and I took away her tablet time before dinner. Does she understand why or am I wasting my time. I guess I just don't know at this age ( 2 1/2) what she really understands.
Any advice or thoughts or experience of same thing?
BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
missing my baby everyday
BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d

Re: Grace suddenly not listening at school

• Options

yea that is a LOT Of change all at once for a 2 1/2 year old

give her some time to settle in - and I'd spend your drive to and from school talking about all the fun things she'll do / did and how good it is to listen

and I agree with pp too that she just sound tired - once she settles into the toddler bed & sleep better she'll probably be better overall - my dd sure isn't herself when she doesn't sleep well!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"