Cloth Diapering
Options

Daycare and Ammonia smell

Ok, so DS's overnight diaper is super ammonia smelling when I go in to change him the morning.  I kind of think that's to be expected since he's pretty much a toddler (11 months old) and that's a lot of pee!  My daycare is run by a couple.  One of them doesn't mind the CDs at all and the other woman insists on using sposies b/c she says the CDs (Kawaiis & BG4) smell like ammonia and she can't take it.

My question is since I think my wash routine is actually pretty good and I don't have a problem with them at home.  Should I consider replacing the micro fiber inserts with something else?  I have infant prefolds from when DS was a newborn.  I heard natural materials don't hold stink like MF.

Thoughts?

Re: Daycare and Ammonia smell

• Options

I pretty much only use natural fibers for diapering and don't have any pocket style diapers, but I know they are helpful for daycare situations. I would say switch to natural fibers to stuff your pockets, so much easier to care for and keep stink out of! The birds eye flats from Green Mtn. Diapers are really economical for stuffing pocket style diapers. You just fold it up so it looks like it is in thirds like a prefold.

As to the daycare person - bwahahaha! What about the chemical smell that disposables put off???

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"