April 2012 Moms
Options

Spray paint

I want to spray paint our baby gates. Google said it was okay, but I would feel more comfortable asking internet strangers if they think this is a bad idea. We have 2 giant gates blocking the living room in, and a gate at the top of each stair set, and the bottom of the main stair set. Baby gates are so drab looking, and I feel like this prison could use some pick me up, but not if it's going to prevent my child from ever learning math.
Micah Leonard
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Spray paint

• Options
    I would ask your pediatrician
  • Options

It might be worth a call to poison control. I think they answer non-emergency questions.

Honestly, if there's a chance he might chew on it, I'd forget about it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I second poison control-I would though first decide on what paint, just so you could give them a list of ingredients.

Good thought on painting them!

• Options
    Everything I read said it was no different than painting a crib. Yes, you need to check paint ingredients, but people paint all sorts of baby furniture, so I couldn't imagine a baby gate being much different.
    Micah Leonard
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I would say it depends on what kind of material your gates are. Spray paint woul be less likely to chip off or peel from wood then metal or plastic. Just give them a light sand and use a good primer. If they are metal I would suggest having them powder coated. Not sure if you have that option in your area... but around here shops are abundant and for a small item like that very reasonable. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it would be ok. LO isn't going to be eating off of it and hopefully not using it as a chew toy. Ask your pedi their thoughts.

RustOleum has a spray paint that requires no sanding or priming. It's called Universal All Surface.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"