Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Dry skin/Eczema?

Not sure if DS has eczema (I do, and skin issues run on my side of the family) or just a predisposition for dry skin (again, I'm guilty as charged). He gets little red bumps on his arms and his cheeks, and his scalp is so, so dry and flaky (they don't seem to bother him but I doubt he could exactly scratch at this age!). I've been using Aveeno Baby daily moisturizing lotion and creamy wash for his body and scalp (cut bathtime down to twice a week, Mondays and Fridays) but can't seem to stay on top of the dry skin. I know Aveeno makes baby eczema products, but just wondering if anybody has found anything that worked better for them at combating dry skin.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Dry skin/Eczema?

• Options
    DD1 had a dry scalp and skin and I would put a few drops of baby oil in her bath water. Or I would put a drop on the wash cloth then the soap and lather her hair up. Her hair would be a little greasy but it helped with the flakes until the winter months ended.

Also I used BabyGanics wash and eczema cream. They sell it at Wallgreens and BRU. We use Aveeno bed time wash and love their products... I got the BabyGanics for a bogo deal at BRU and decided to try it. Really worked well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageehicks:
    DD1 had a dry scalp and skin and I would put a few drops of baby oil in her bath water. Or I would put a drop on the wash cloth then the soap and lather her hair up. Her hair would be a little greasy but it helped with the flakes until the winter months ended. Also I used BabyGanics wash and eczema cream. They sell it at Wallgreens and BRU. We use Aveeno bed time wash and love their products... I got the BabyGanics for a bogo deal at BRU and decided to try it. Really worked well.

We do baby oil as well. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Aveeno didn't touch DD's eczema or dry scalp. Cerave is a godsend and really helped her clear up and stay clear. The California Babies Tea Tree oil shampoo also helped to clear up the eczema on her head and the general baby flaky scalp.
    imageimage
  • Options
    Cetaphil works well for us.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"