Pregnant after IF
Options

How are you feeling? poll

I get this question at least 5x a day and I politely reply with "Great!" every time.

But ladies, I don't feel great. here's what I really want to say to the kind grocery store clerk, my secretary at school, my neighbor, and so many others...

"Well, my pubic bone is separating and it hurts like a mother*******. I've been throwing up acid anytime after 7pm, so that's a biotch and my sweet little girl likes to dropkick my bladder pretty regularly, so often I'm running to the bathroom, only to find I don't actually have to pee all that much. I've gained a considerable amount of weight and my boobs are huge, but not in a good way. I don't want to buy a bigger bra yet, so my nipples hang out of my cups, so I have to avoid white shirts. I'm constipated but don't want to push too hard when I actually DO have to go for fear of hemmorhoids and I have to wear pantyliners constantly because, although I haven't gotten my period in months, I've got a hell of a lot of stuff coming outta "there." Oh, and I'm craving bolgna sandwiches, but can't really eat them for fear of listeria, so there's that, too."

So... there's how I'm really feeling.

Anyone else want to share their real feelings with no judgement?

dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
  • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
  • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
  • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

Re: How are you feeling? poll

• Options

For the most part, I generally feel okay. I mean, I've got the pregnancy carpal tunnel, so my right hand is pretty much always numb or tingling (I'm right handed, of course, and work at a computer). By about 2:30 in the work day, though, I'm tired and could be done, but I still have 2 hours to go. I also have an hour and a half commute to and from work (that I take with my MIL, that's a whole other story!), so it's a battle between staying hydrated and keeping my bladder in check!

I'm also afraid of outgrowing my maternity clothes. When I went to the OB last week, the nurse said that while my pants still fit below the waist, the stretchy part was stretched to the max. Gee, thanks. It's a good thing my OB is taking me out of work at 30-32 weeks, because I will probably have nothing to wear anyway!

I feel you on the pantyliners; I feel awkward as the pregnant lady buying pantyliners... I hope if people notice me buying them, they just don't think too much about it, LOL! I also live in constant fear of constipation since I've had issues with it here and there... I spend way too much time worrying about poo!

Thanks for letting us vent, PennyLane! And I'm sorry to hear about your pubic bone problem, that sounds like a b!tch!

Me: 30, DH: 30
    ~*~Married 8/31/08~*~

DX: MFI due to Chemo/Stem Cell Transplant for Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. RE said IVF is best option with DH's frozen boys.
    IVF #1 April 2012: Menopur and Bravelle; 1 egg retrieved, 0 fertilized. Boo.
    IVF #2 August 2012: Gonal-F 300, Menopur 300. Beta #1 9/6: 382... BFPx2!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Our boys couldn't wait to meet us! Colin and Kieran arrived March 26, 2013 at 33w1d.

• Options

So far I haven't had too many problems with this pregnancy.  Some days I get major RLP and some acid reflux....but seriously nothing too major yet.  Although sitting in the hospital now on complete bed rest with high blood pressure isn't the most fun now. 

I totally get what you mean though when people ask how you're feeling I automatically just answered fine/good.  I don't feel like everyone needs to know my crotch feels like its splitting open...lol.

party-fails-crunk-critters-bruce-isnt-good-with-tequila
    see more After 12
    Just because something isn't happening for you right now doesn't mean it will never happen.
    IUI #1 - BFN IUI #2 - BFN
    IVF - Starting injects May 25 IVF #1 - BFP!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I get this question all the time. I try to tell people that 2nd tri is fantastic and I feel great. They still keep asking. Oh well. I suppose it is nice that they are concerned, but I'm not showing yet and feel fine.
    Photobucket
  • Options

I don't worry too much about straining to poop because I already HAVE hemorrhoids. Otherwise, I do feel pretty good. It's just the annoying nature of having this large belly that is driving me nuts. I can't fit around anything anymore, can't see my gal parts, and can't shave my legs well. Oh, and I also cannot stand the swelling in my feet. Every day is a crap shoot as to which shoes are going to fit. Last night even my slippers made dents in my feet. And getting up at least twice per night to pee.

I will say that you gals who haven't bought bigger bras yet are gluttons for punishment! I think I've been in 4 or 5 different ones since I got KU. I cannot stand for the girls to feel confined, and actually have already had one breast ultrasound for a clogged duct related to too tight of a bra. So be careful ladies :) If you're looking to go cheaper, Target has a great nursing bra that has no underwire - more of a sports bra type but really makes the girls look good! I think it's about $20.

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    As kind as it is I am soooo over bring asked!! And since staying with my step grandmother while in town to visit mom in hospital she has been hounding me constantly. Eat this eat that do this. Listen I know how much food I can stomach without lossing it so chill lol! Then at same time my other grandmother is giving me grief for having healthy snacks often and one point goes "would it kill you guys to miss a meal" ugh can you tell all this time here is getting to me. But I still vomit anytime I eat too much in one sitting and have some acid reflux pretty often.

The worst part as many have said is the discharge! It is soooo very uncomfortable. At least we all have each other here to be honest about this with!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

This is exactly why I don't want to tell anyone until I can't hide it any longer. I hate getting the constant "how are you feeling" questions already and those are just the daily ones from my mom.

I've been really lucky so far and haven't had any m/s. My biggest complaint is I'm tired. All the time. I got a solid 8 hours of sleep last night, got up to do my progesterone supp, then got another hour and I'm still barely able to keep my eyes open. My lower back/hip pain that I've had for over a year is getting progressively worse also and I can only imagine how bad it'll be when I've got 20-30 more pounds on me. I'm sure I'll have more complaints as the belly grows but for now, I'm not horrible.

**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
    TTC #1 March 2010 - Nov 2012
    Me: 29, PCOS (anov), Hashimoto's Disease // DH: 30, normal SA
    3 Clomid, 1 Clomid/Menopur, 1 Menopur w/ TI (CX 4x's due to cysts) - All BFN
    1 Clomid/Menopur, 2 Menopur, 1 Follistim w/ IUI - All BFN
    RPL & Karyotype testing normal

IUI #5 (12/1/12) --> Follistim + 1/3 hCG Trigger = BFP! EDD: 8/23/13
    Betas --> 61 (13dpo) // 156 (16 dpo) // 223 (18dpo) // 656 (21 dpo)
    U/S --> 5w0d - sac seen // 6w0d - hb detected // 7w0d - hb seen and heard, measuring 6w6d!
    8w6d - wiggly baby! // 9w3d - wiggly baby with fingers!

Baby boy born 8/24/13

imageimageimage 

My Blog: Searching for Lucky Socks

• Options

OOOH Thank you for this!

I too feel like crap. I dont sleep, I cant get comfortable, every position hurts, my stomach is sore when I lay down, I get up every 2-2.5 hours to pee like 8 drops, someone also likes to kick my bladder, as I saw yesterday she is able to put her feet up by her head therefore putting more pressure on my bladder, she is head down and low causing a lot of pressure, gravity sucks, my back looks like pizza and its spreading to my arms and im not sure if I should be worried, I can no longer wear a regular liner I have to wear a poise pad but not just for peeing myself because of all the other junk that is comin out of there, I swell at night, I cant wear my wedding rings, my work pants are so uncomfortable and next to nothing fits. i cant eat half the things I want to and crave everything I am unable to have, I would kill for a hot fudge sundae right now complete with whatever carbs I could get my hands on. 

I am sure there are more but thats all that comes to mind right now lol

Also if one more person tells me how tired I look and must be I am going to throat punch them. I have also been told the baby is "ready" and in position. Wow who knew so many people have xray vision!

• Options

Ditto on the bra and going #2. Ugh. 

Also, I have lost all ability to even remotely control my blood sugar or pressure. I feel like I'm going to pass out most days and actually do pass out probably once a week. My doctor is completely unconcerned by this and insists I just got the sh*t end of the stick on that pregnancy symptom. So I'm trying to eat as much protein as possible and boy, chicken is really getting nasty.

I haven't slept in weeks, which terrifies me because I'm only 17 weeks. I can't lay down flat (on either side or my back), without having acid reflux pour up into my throat.

All I want to eat is fish. I liked fish before but it wasn't until I couldn't have it that realized that I loved fish. I just want tuna salad sandwiches everyday. 

I love water, I really do. But when it never leaves your body, it's super painful. I barely pee anymore and I drink a ton of water, so it just swells my abdomen and makes everything hurt. 

Whew...I feel a lot better actually. DH is the only one I've complained to about this stuff. I am so super thankful to be pregnant and I wouldn't trade any of those symptoms for anything. But it's good to let it out occasionally!

Me:27, DH:28 - DX: MFI, varicocele repair Nov 2011 
    Post-Op SA: Count- 15 million, Motility- 75%, Morphology- 3% 
    IVF with ICSI - Stimming 10/4/12 - 10/13/12, Lupron Trigger
    ER 10/18/1212 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
    5 day transfer 10/23/12, 3 frosties
    Beta #1 11/5/12: 453, Beta #2 11/7/12: 1,013, DD born 7/19/13
  • Options

Up until around 29 weeks I could say 'I feel great' and mean it. Now however, the heartburn sucks, my cankles are frightening some days, I can barely reach my feet, and I've started gagging again while brushing my teeth.  I have had a ton of 'pregnancy congestion' almost from the get go, which in turn makes me snore snore like a wildabeast:-( poor DH can't fall asleep next to me, so aside from our vacation and two or three other nights, DH and I have not slept in the same room for months:-(  The other day I noticed my bellybutton looks a little bruised and is tender. I asked my doc about it yesterday and apparently my muscles are starting to separate....awesome! All in all, I don't feel too bad, but some days do suck!  Belly bumpin' hugs to all of you ladies!

Edit to add: if you see this........LUVWI, you are my hero!! Whenever I start to feel really crappy, I think of you for some inspiration! I know I don't 'know' you, but I am so proud of how great a job you are doing! Every time I hit my next week, I know you are one day from hitting your next week and I keep rooting you on lady!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TTC# 1 since 5/10
    Me:34 Type 1 Diabetes, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Hypothyroid DH:35 Perfect
    DX: Unexplained IF
    Many IUI's with various meds all BFFN
    IVF #1 11/11 canceled due to OHSS
    IVF #2 Feb/March 2012 ET of 2 on day 3 4/7 BFP! 5/1 u/s blighted ovum
    IVF #3 July 2012 ET of 3 on day 3 7/24 BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w4d on 3/9/13

TTC #2
    IVF #4 May/June 2014 ER 6/4 18R 8M 8F ET 6/9 1 blast, 2 frosties
    Beta 6/18 BFFN

FET of 2 blasts 7/24...BFP!
    Healthy baby girl born at 36w3d on 3/17/15

TTC#3
    IVF #5 June 2018- PGS planned, no surviving embryos
    IVF #6 August 2018- ET of 2 on day 3 - Chemical pregnancy
    IVF #7 August 2019-....?
  • Options
    imageJezebell26:

OOOH Thank you for this!

I too feel like crap. I dont sleep, I cant get comfortable, every position hurts, my stomach is sore when I lay down, I get up every 2-2.5 hours to pee like 8 drops, someone also likes to kick my bladder, as I saw yesterday she is able to put her feet up by her head therefore putting more pressure on my bladder, she is head down and low causing a lot of pressure, gravity sucks, my back looks like pizza and its spreading to my arms and im not sure if I should be worried, I can no longer wear a regular liner I have to wear a poise pad but not just for peeing myself because of all the other junk that is comin out of there, I swell at night, I cant wear my wedding rings, my work pants are so uncomfortable and next to nothing fits. i cant eat half the things I want to and crave everything I am unable to have, I would kill for a hot fudge sundae right now complete with whatever carbs I could get my hands on. 

Also if one more person tells me how tired I look and must be I am going to throat punch them. I have also been told the baby is "ready" and in position. Wow who knew so many people have xray vision!

Somebody tells me I need to take a nap on a daily basis and I hate it.  I think to myself..I finally got a full 6 hours without using the toilet.   

Confirmed Pregnancy 9/18/2010 M/C 10/27/2010 BLIGHTED OVUM 10/2011 - HSG 2 blocked tubes 11/4/2011 - Lap Surgery - Extensive tubal disease (tubes opened) 1/3/12 - Repeat HSG (L tube open, R tube blocked) 1/15/12 - R tube removed Started Stim Injections 2/17/12 Follistim 300iu and Low Dose HCG 10 units Trigger - 2/25/12 ER 2/27/12 ET - 5 dt - 3/3/12 1 blast transferred 9 frosties BETA #1 - 626 :) Beta #2 - 2470 :) Beta #3 - 5470 3/29/12 - 6wks 3 days - no yolk sac, embie, or hb :( Blighted Ovum 8/3/12 - FET #1 1 flickering blast transferred 8/9/12 - POAS + 8/15/12 - Beta #1 1400 Beta #2 3200 8/20/12 - U/S 5 wks 1 day Yolk Sac seen 8/28/12 - 6wks 2 days - Heartbeat 116 9/4/12 - 7wks 3 days - HB 136 YAY! TEAM BLUE! Alex was born 4/15/13 5:09pm 6lb 10oz 20in!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh this is why I LOVE this board! These are making me laugh out loud a work. Phew! It feels good to commiserate. Keep it coming! :)
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• Options
    imageDstevens429:
    imageJezebell26:

OOOH Thank you for this!

Somebody tells me I need to take a nap on a daily basis and I hate it.  I think to myself..I finally got a full 6 hours without using the toilet.   

lol I know! The days I have a horrible nights sleep people tell me I look better, and the days I am well rested or so I think, I get told I look like crap! 

• Options
    Ooooh...how about chloasma? Anyone have this lovely gem? I look like I have a 'stache most days.
    Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    imagePennyLane26:

I get this question at least 5x a day and I politely reply with "Great!" every time.

But ladies, I don't feel great. here's what I really want to say to the kind grocery store clerk, my secretary at school, my neighbor, and so many others...

"Well, my pubic bone is separating and it hurts like a mother*******. I've been throwing up acid anytime after 7pm, so that's a biotch and my sweet little girl likes to dropkick my bladder pretty regularly, so often I'm running to the bathroom, only to find I don't actually have to pee all that much. I've gained a considerable amount of weight and my boobs are huge, but not in a good way. I don't want to buy a bigger bra yet, so my nipples hang out of my cups, so I have to avoid white shirts. I'm constipated but don't want to push too hard when I actually DO have to go for fear of hemmorhoids and I have to wear pantyliners constantly because, although I haven't gotten my period in months, I've got a hell of a lot of stuff coming outta "there." Oh, and I'm craving bolgna sandwiches, but can't really eat them for fear of listeria, so there's that, too."

So... there's how I'm really feeling.

Anyone else want to share their real feelings with no judgement?

I totally feel you.  I feel really, really terrible.  I'm 15 weeks but still soo nauseous and puking every couple days.  Food is horrible.  Nothing sounds good and when I do eat I burp it up the rest of the day.  I take Zofran to help with the nausea and end up with a headache all day long.

I feel horrible for complaining after waiting 4 years to be pregnant.  This is not anything like I thought it would be.  I really wanted to write a post about this very topic but I don't want to sound ungrateful (because I am very grateful to be pg.)  This just is not what I was expecting.

((((Hugs)))) Just wanted to let you know that your not the only one.  

After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
    Born 7/30/13
  • Options

I feel gross, is how I feel.  Like every woman here, I am SO grateful to be expecting, but it doesn't change the way I feel.  I have only gained 10 pounds, but I am showing a LOT for 16 weeks, and have developed a lovely layer of "back fat" in the process, which makes getting dressed in *anything* flattering very difficult at best.  I never feel like I look good.  My ability to work out has been reduced to looking like a drunk wildebeast flapping around the Zumba class and I have to wonder why I even bother at this point.  I have so much snot it's ridiculous!  Last night I took off my boots and socks and realized I had ghosts imprinted all on my calves (yes, I was wearing Halloween socks) so I must be retaining water or something.  About 4 times a week I can't poo no matter what I do.  And my ability to stifle belches is apparently just gone.  Also, sleeping on my side HURTS.

On the whole, I feel like a tubby, disgusting individual.

TTC #1 since 2/2011. Me: Age 36. Stage III Endo and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis.
    IUI #1 March: BFN, IUI #2 April: BFN.
    IVF #1: Started stims 7/30--CANCELLED.
    IVF #1.2: Stims start 10/8/12, ER: 10/20/12; 11R/8M/4F, 5DT: 10/25/12, transfer of a 4AA and 3AB Blast. BFP on HPT 10/31/12; Beta #1: (16 DPO) 954! Beta #2: (18 DPO) 1968! First U/S: TWINS!! A/S: TWO BOYS! EDD: 7/13/13
    PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image image
  • Options
    imagePennyLane26:

Oh, and I'm craving bolgna sandwiches, but can't really eat them for fear of listeria, so there's that, too."

ooh!  Try frying your bologna with a little butter.  You have to cut from the edges to about an inch in in 4 spots, so when it cooks it looks like an "x marks the spot" x (make sense?).  Otherwise it gets small around the edges and the middle expands.  It is sooo good on bread with mayo!  I never eat bologna any other way :)

TTC since May 2006. After 3 failed Clomid cycles, 2 failed Injectibles/IUIs, 2 failed IVFs and 1 failed FET, we moved on to adoption! 

Last ditch FET resulted in BFP, and identical twin girls!

• Options

Penny - your post in particular had me laughing hysterical. So well said.

As for me - I actually feel like I can't complain. No constipation, no roids (yet), my feet were more swollen a month ago than they are now...

BUT.....

i got the flu on Monday. And so did DH at the exact same time. It has SUCKED and given me anxiety about the baby being that I had to take meds. Honesty I NEVER get sick. Why now!?!?

and I too have way too much "stuff" coming out of me, oh and swollen lady bits. Anyone else have this gem?!?!! 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"