Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Talk to Us About Your Post-Baby Body!

We want to hear from new mom Bumpies about how your body has changed (physically and mentally) since welcoming your baby!- Do you feel stronger, more empowered? Or are you a stranger in your own body?

- Are you amazed at what your body was able to do giving birth?

- How does your post-baby body compare to your pre-baby body?

- Are you trying to shed the baby weight ASAP or letting it happen naturally?

The more specific you are with your answers, the better! We want to hear it all? Post here or email us at community@thebump.com.Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Talk to Us About Your Post-Baby Body!

• - do you feel stronger, more empowered? Or are you a stranger in your own body?

Stronger since I know what my body can do.  Also, pre baby I rarely worked out and since having my son I make a point to get some type of exercise in every day.

- are you amazed at what your body was able to do giving birth?

Yes, but I always was confident that I could do it but it was still pretty cool when he finally popped out!
    - how does your post-baby body compare to your pre-baby body?

Not as skinny but very similar in shape.  I need to workout and watch what I eat a little closer to keep my butt from getting saggy.  No matter how skinny I am my tummy has not gotten as flat as it was pre baby.
    - are you trying to shed the baby weight ASAP or letting it happen naturally?

I thought it would fall off with breastfeeding (darn hollywood)!  It didn't.  I gained close to 50 lbs with my son.  20 lbs came off as soon as I had him.  The other 30 didn't budge until I started Weight Watchers at 3 months after he was born.  It came off pretty fast in the beginning but my milk supply took a big hit when I went back to work at 4 months and I don't know if it was partly b/c of dieting (had just enough supply the whole time I was on maternity leave - never could get extra for a freezer stash).  10 month PP I am pretty much at pre pregnancy weight.

• I was a stranger in my own body for a long time ...still am.  I don't feel empowered I feel kind of pissed about it.  I want my old body back and I don't want to be frumpy fatty mom.  I want to show my kids that I am fit and healthy.  But now I'm pregnant again so I think I will wait until baby#2 is born then its going to be all about fitness.

i had an emergency c section so I feel a little bit robbed of the whole experience.  So I am not really amazed because I don't feel like I did anything :)

my old hourglass body is much more straight and boy like. Boobs deflated and waist got bigger.  Blech

At first I was letting it happen naturally but lately I had been on a regular workout routine and much more healthy diet.  I was really starting to cut calories before I got pregnant again.   I really only had 5-7 lbs to loose but it was just enough that I don't fit in my old clothes.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Do you feel stronger, more empowered? Or are you a stranger in your own body? I feel like a stranger in my own body. I have more aches and pains then I ever had. I had to have my gall bladder removed 5mo after giving birth. I just want to feel like myself again.

Are you amazed at what your body was able to do giving birth? I had to have an emergency csection but did get to 10cm and the whole epidural/pushing process and it was the worst thing I have ever experienced. The csection was a blessing that I wish had been scheduled right from the start. I am amazed that something can grow inside of you and come out 9 months later just so perfect and innocent.

How does your postbaby body compare to your prebaby body? Post baby my boobs are so saggy and I didn't BF at all. I have scars from the csection and gall bladder removal. I have a flabby poochy stomach. And throw in some varicose veins. But I'm a lot skinnier :.

Are you trying to shed the baby weight ASAP or letting it happen naturally? I did absolutely nothing to lose the baby weight. Didnt work out or BF or anything. I gained about 50lbs during pregnancy and by 8mo PP I am down the 50 plus an additional 25lbs. I chalk it up to the stress of being a first time mom. But with all that said I wouldn't change anything cause I have the most amazing daughter and am so lucky and grateful!

Jessica
    Reggie imageimage
    Madison Lynn imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I do feel stronger and more empowered.  I had an amazing pregnancy and delivery with no meds and will happily do it again.  My body did an amazing thing and I'm so grateful for the experience.

My post baby body is very similar so I can't complain.  My breasts suffered with some stretch marks but that's to be expected with a barely A cup!  I fit in all my old clothes since at least 3m PP. 

I'm not looking to lose weight but I do need to tone up.  I'm still trying to figure out this working mom thing and making time for myself.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • - Do you feel stronger, more empowered? Or are you a stranger in your own body?

Not really.

- Are you amazed at what your body was able to do giving birth?

Yes. Although, I was extremely tired and got an epidural right before pushing, so I didn't feel a thing and I was fine with that. I'm amazed and awed at the whole process of pregnancy to delivery.

- How does your post-baby body compare to your pre-baby body?

My chest is larger and my thighs are a little wider.

- Are you trying to shed the baby weight ASAP or letting it happen naturally?

I lost all the baby weight by 7 months PP. It happened naturally. I only gained 30 lbs and am breastfeeding. I actually am lighter now than I was pre-baby.

BFP with #2- Sept 6, 2013  EDD May 20, 2014   MC Sept 26, 2013 @ 6 wks 2 days

• I don't think I really feel stronger either way. I don't feel stronger in my own body.

I was amazed at the whole process of giving birth. However, am disappointed in myself for not trying harder to go med free. I know it's different for everyone but I feel like if I had just pushed myself a little harder I could have done it. I personally would have been more proud of myself.

My post body was back to pre-pregnancy immediately after having my son. I gained only 20lbs while pg. But I suffered from bad PPD/PPA after and gained the 20lbs right back after starting on medication. Grrr... so frustrating. I'm not fat by any means. I just don't fit in any of my old clothes. That makes me feel self conscious and have a low self esteem. I've never, never gained 20lbs so fast ever in my life. I was always considered "skinny" to others. It's just hard adjusting to my new heavier body. I'm on different medication now but I'll have to work really hard to lose the weight.

Yes, I'm trying to lose the baby weight ASAP. I'm going to be a bridesmaid in a wedding in May and need to be at least a size 4. That would be ideal for my body height and build.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • - Do you feel stronger, more empowered? Or are you a stranger in your own body? I definitely feel more empowered. I feel like I could do practically anything after going through all that.

- Are you amazed at what your body was able to do giving birth? Yes! It is unbelievable what my body was able to do and how it just goes back after having gone through all that.

- How does your post-baby body compare to your pre-baby body? I'm actually happier now than I was before. I'm about 20 pounds lighter than before I had my daughter. I was EXTREMELY sick for almost 6 months so my whole pregnancy I only gained 11 pounds and my body was small than before about a week after I had her. I just hope I'm that lucky with the 2nd!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"