TTC after 35
Options

Got bad news

So I went through my first cycle of Clomid with no problems. Here I am at CD16, and I haven't ovulated and it looks like I won't either. My GYN called yesterday and said my insulin is too high although everything else looks good- my cholesterol and BP are fine, as is everything else. She told me high insulin will prevent ovulation and she doesn't want me to do another cycle of Clomid until my numbers come down. I am already on 2000 mg of Metformin a day, so we are raising it to 2500 mg. I am so disappointed and so discouraged, and we are only 3 months in to this. Has anyone else experienced something similar? My aunt did, but she was 33 when she eventually got pregnant through IUI. My doc said since I am 36 that it's not looking good for me right now :(

Re: Got bad news

• Options
    Sorry that things aren't looking so good for you right now.  Glad that your GYN knows that your insulin levels have to be in check before you can have a successful outcome and can make some adjustments to your medicatons.  The hardest part of TTC is always the waiting, as we want our baby and we want it NOW!  Hope that your wait goes quickly and you'll be back on track with TTC soon.
    TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Options

Yuck :( good luck on getting your blood sugars down.if you aren't alread exercise helps! Best of luck to yuo!

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It just takes time to figure this stuff out and that sucks. You'll be ok, they just have to get your meds right. Good luck and hang in there!

• Options

imagePPL2011:
    It just takes time to figure this stuff out and that sucks. You'll be ok, they just have to get your meds right. Good luck and hang in there!

Ditto.....Hope all works out for you.

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Options
    So sorry MsRo.  I don't have any experience with this, but wanted to send you a ((HUG)) for good luck!

me:40; DH:41; 4/30/12 1st visit with RE; 6/30/12 IUI #1 BFN; 7/19/12 IUI cancelled (overmedicated); 8/2/12 IUI cancelled (cyst); 9/1/12 IUI #2 BFP! EDD 5/28/13; 10/9/12 1st U/S at 7w3d--missed m/c (trisomy 16) D&C 10/19/12; karyotyping results normal!; 1/31/13 IUI #3 BFP! EDD 10/25/13 Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thanks- it's so hard to talk about with people that aren't going through this, so I really appreciate the support and understanding. My husband moved the treadmill in to our bedroom in front of the TV. Tonight will be the first night I start using it again... hopefully my insulin levels will get low enough next month that we can try the Clomid again. Fingers crossed. 
  • Options
    I'm sorry you received discouraging news.  I hope you are back on course with your Comid plan soon.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options

Sorry to hear that.... I know how frustrating delays are when TTC...

I would run to an RE... way better to handle this then an OBGYN...

Good luck!

***siggy/ticker warning***

Me:36 DH:38 TTC#1 since 4/2012
    Me DX: Hashimotos,Hypothyroid, DOR, MTHFR,  DH: normal

IUI #1-#4 BFNs and a few cancelled cycles in the mix.
    - poor responder
    ***Suprise BFP on 6/13/13. Natural MC @6wks 3days
    IVF#1 and 2- Cancelled due to no response on max stimms
    FET 5/20- BFP
    1st Beta- 641
    2nd beta- 2166
    Sono- TWINS!!!!
    Two Boys! Born January 2015 @36 weeks.  Healthy and no NICU!  So blessed!

• Options

If I remember correctly you said your insurance wont let you see an RE yet but you might want to see if they will let you see a regular Endcrinologist because high insulin levels can cause other problems besides IF.  I'm also curious if you have had any bloodwork or ultrasound monitoring yet.   As I mentioned before, OBs are not the best when it comes to getting you KU and yours should not have told you that it wasn't looking good simply because you are 36. 

The one thing I have learned through this process is that you have to do your homework and be your own advocate to make sure you get the care you deserve.  I don't mean to sound pushy but I have wasted so much precious time that I cannot get back blindly trusting & not speaking up and I would hate to see the same thing happen to you. 

I know it's a frustrating process but hang in there.  We are all here to help you through it!!!

Me 39 & suspected PCOS, DH 42. Went off BCP when we got married in 11/11, seriously TTC since 3/12.  Six cycles of clomid = BFNs.  Suspected endometriosis & HSG showed both tubes blocked.  Sept 2013 IVF 5D transfer of two perfect embryos = BFN.  Started acupuncture and taking time off to drop some pounds & get healthier before FET in April 2014.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"